Contribute
Register

X299 - Open Core support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I just noticed my DRM doesn't work and shikigva=128 don't do the trick, anyone solved this?

should DRMs work with MacPro7,1 + Radeon VII + WEG?

Last edited:
I need to install a PCIe SATA controller ad I used all the porta in my motherboard. which card can I use?

I need to install a PCIe SATA controller ad I used all the porta in my motherboard. which card can I use?

You used like 8 SATA ports? lol
You also have NVMe slots.

Something like this will work I think

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R4S9WSM/?tag=tonymacx86-21

You used like 8 SATA ports? lol
You also have NVMe slots.

Something like this will work I think

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R4S9WSM/?tag=tonymacx86-21
Yes, I used them all. I was looking too at sata raid controller like the ones of Highpoint. How would it be installed this kind of card? These carda are supplied with specific kext...

What error are you running into? BIOS version, settings, EFI folder? Look at post one and I have a EFI that is pretty well setup to start with.
I finally got it up and running, It was the openRuntime. Catalina 10.15.4 up and running! Couple questions. Should I do the Catalina updates? Will it hold if I do? I'm set up as a MacPro 2019 7,1 and I am getting the Memory Modules Misconfigured error. I find alot of info for fixing in Clover but not much for OpenCore any thoughts.

I finally got it up and running, It was the openRuntime. Catalina 10.15.4 up and running! Couple questions. Should I do the Catalina updates? Will it hold if I do? I'm set up as a MacPro 2019 7,1 and I am getting the Memory Modules Misconfigured error. I find alot of info for fixing in Clover but not much for OpenCore any thoughts.

Kext didn't work, crashes the system. I'm using OpenCore 0.5.9. I can live with one nag that I can manually shut off. Still have some other cleanup to worry about before I worry about that. Try the Catalina update now. Seems like everyone was ok going up to 10.15.6 so wish me luck. (Worked perfect everything running like a champ 10.15.6)

Last edited:
Yes, I used them all. I was looking too at sata raid controller like the ones of Highpoint. How would it be installed this kind of card? These carda are supplied with specific kext...

Anything that says macOS compatible will work (of course make sure Catalina 10.15.6 is supported). You can install the drivers from their websites as you would on a normal Mac.

Check out High Point, Sonnet, Caldigit, OWC, etc they make quality Mac cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back