i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And how it goes?

So far I haven't notice any differences. But like @Loloflatsix mentioned, this was discussed in previous posts

1,143 to 1,148

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-DELUXE
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hey everyone, just updated to the "newest" 11.2 (full version) today and after restarting it a couple of times, everything works still. Again, no problems at all. Still having issues with Kensington TrackballWorks app that doesn't work at all. Just had to get SteerMouse (for $20). Oh well. At least everything else is kickin' it!

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
2 X VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So far I haven't notice any differences. But like @Loloflatsix mentioned, this was discussed in previous posts

1,143 to 1,148

Same for me,
it works :thumbup:
Of course CpuTscSync.kext works : it's the rebranded and actualised version of VoodooTSCSync.kext by the Acidanthera team.
TSCAdjustReset.kext is also a version of VoodooTSCSync.kext with appropriate adjustments for X299 processors.
At the beginning I tried RehabMan's VoodooTSCSync.kext and It worked fine too.
I'm old school and like the "medocs" ( Google it, it's French word) I prefer the Magic Potion :lol:

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock X299E-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Interesting. I am getting Power to report on IPG but the scale seems to be wrong - unless I am mistaken I would have expected the power draw to be north of 200Watts under load on the X299 ...for example my Z390 (i7 - 8 core) draws about 180W on a benchmark test like CB. My SMBios is iMacPro1,1.
Unless you set non default power limit(s) in BIOS or change any settings related to overclocking, the power draw graph in IPG should not exceed the limit of your CPU. In your case it is 165W when stock. At least that is my understanding and experience with other (non X299) stock CPUs.

In my case, when starting IPG, the gray line marks the top of the scale at 140W. Only when i start a heavy load the scale in IPG expand above this 140W line dynamically and shows the power draw graph above it.
I set power limits for the CPU in BIOS to keep the temps in check but let all cores turbo up to 4.5GHz. That kind of mimics the apple way in their MacBook(Pro)s.

This screenshot was taken during a Cinebench run.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-22 um 23.23.35.png

Motherboard
ASRock X299E-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a question regarding the boot picker in OpenCore and/or the naming of disks with MacOS installed on it.
Maybe one of you has an answer or a hint for me?

I am cloning my main system disk named "Hackintosh HD" using Carbon Copy Cloner to a disk named "Backup HD".
They both show as "Hackintosh HD" which annoys me and gets quite confusing during updates as then there are bunch of "Hackintosh HD" entries to choose from.

I checked in diskutility and they are named differently. I also tried to rename the "Backup HD" but in bootpicker it did not change.

Any ideas how to tackle this?
I mean, where does the bootpicker gets the volume name from? Is there a way to adjust this in MacOS?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Does anyone have a working EFI for X299 Prime Deluxe II?
So stumped, been trying to get this working for 5 days now..

Got through the login, but it's freezing at the final setup screen where I'm supposed to input my login details and what not..

ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, BIOS v.3201
i9-10980XE
RX 5700 XT

It would be greatly appreciated!

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kubusikan
That ASRock X299E-ITX/ac you have is something that I've been looking at to replace the AS Rock H370 I-Gaming I have in my 'Mac-mini'
Can you confirm that the Nvram works and also if the WiFi slot supports non-cNVI wi fi cards (like the Apple 4360 for example?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unless you set non default power limit(s) in BIOS or change any settings related to overclocking, the power draw graph in IPG should not exceed the limit of your CPU. In your case it is 165W when stock. At least that is my understanding and experience with other (non X299) stock CPUs.
Yes an overclock no doubt increases the power draw - but my problem is the fact that - as you'll see from the screenshot below (based on a 4GHz OC) - IPG is mapping the temps, frequency and utilisation just fine but the power scale is incorrect. Adding the SIO and related kexts for Virtual SMC makes no difference. But I see from your screenshot that IPG is working correctly so it possibly relates to something in the EVGA BIOS. Just not sure what.
Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 19.12.56.png

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a question regarding the boot picker in OpenCore and/or the naming of disks with MacOS installed on it.
Maybe one of you has an answer or a hint for me?

I am cloning my main system disk named "Hackintosh HD" using Carbon Copy Cloner to a disk named "Backup HD".
They both show as "Hackintosh HD" which annoys me and gets quite confusing during updates as then there are bunch of "Hackintosh HD" entries to choose from.

I checked in diskutility and they are named differently. I also tried to rename the "Backup HD" but in bootpicker it did not change.

Any ideas how to tackle this?
I mean, where does the bootpicker gets the volume name from? Is there a way to adjust this in MacOS?
I always found that a software update normally clears this up and the disk name in picker reflects the name you gave the disk after the update. There may be a more detailed explanation here or elsewhere on the forum.