- Mar 2, 2012
- Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
- HD 4600
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Boot arguments are case sensitive, NPCI=0x2000 is nonsense and will have no effect. It should be npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000).
2 Just use the bios to choose which OS to boot and delete MS folder in OC EFIThank you for your feedback @pieropontra,
1. Prolly will when I get home today... and see what happens...
2. So, I have used UEFI and bootstrap, and have disabled traditional BIOS selection, Ideally I'd move the MS EFI somewhere else, just don't know how.
3. I've already logged into my AppleID account and it (Apple) knows about this machine. This new build replaced a failed 2009 MacPro5,1 firmware from 4,1. Not sure if I log out of my Apple ID and try iMacPro1,1 and see what happens, testing performance does give you a clue to if things are working right...
5. I've tinkered with it last night, but I plug things in and the thumb drive mounts the volume, but is invisible to Hackintool, so more to come on that oddity... prolly remove USBInjectAll.kext and see what shows up...
Unable to install BS on Asus Rampage VI Extreme using OC.
I created the USB following the dortania guide for the Skylake-x.
USB boots and installer loads successfully.
But after selecting the destination device for the OS install. The screen closes and went back to installer landing page.
My rig configuration is following:
MB: Asus Rampage Extreme IV
Bios: Currently 3105. (Altough I also tested with 2002 and 3600. But faced same issue).
SSD (to install BS): Transcend 250 GB
GPU: Vega 64 (in first PCI-e slot)
Ram: Corsair Dominator 16x4
Casing: Corsair 1000D
I used both USB-C and USB 3 flash devices to install the BS. But same issue.
Even created the Catalina installer with OC. But faced the same issue.
Bios configuration is same as mentioned in the kgp mojave guide. (Except TB3 is disabled and 4G encoding is enabled).
Here is my EFI folder.
a small note to 3.2: you can also change to "CpuTscSync.kext", so you don't need to edit anything, cause the kext knows your cpu and do the things o its own... (you will find it on acidanthera). Works for me perfect.Here is an updated BASE-EFI 0.6.5 for ASUS X299 boards. I haven't tested it yet but it should work
- Recommended to use one of the latest BIOS (From Nov 2020 recent)
- Enable 4G Encoding, Disable CSM, Disable MSR Lock
- MacPro7,1 SMBIOS
- Edit TSCAdjustReset.kext with (# of Threads - 1) Currently set to 35 for 7980XE, 9980XE, 10980XE
- Added RestricEvents.kext to disable the MacProMemoryNotification Error
- agdpmod=pikera is Enabled in boot-args
- USBInjectAll and XhciPortLimit is enabled.
We have already discussed this point here : #1,143a small note to 3.2: you can also change to "CpuTscSync.kext", so you don't need to edit anything, cause the kext knows your cpu and do the things o its own... (you will find it on acidanthera). Works for me perfect.
a small note to 3.2: you can also change to "CpuTscSync.kext", so you don't need to edit anything, cause the kext knows your cpu and do the things o its own... (you will find it on acidanthera). Works for me perfect.