- Mar 18, 2017
- ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
- 2 X VEGA 56
- Mobile Phone
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/x299-big-sur-support.302143/post-2219842 @rustEswan So I was able to start completely over and I tried using iMacPro1,1 and MacPro1,1 and iMac19,1 so what I've found is that I get better GPU performance with iMac19,1 with my setup when benchmarking (which is a...www.tonymacx86.com
I totally appreciate what you are trying to teach me with the previous posts, but I'm having some issues with some basic parts of it.
1. Where do I get the ASMedia.kext & USB.kext?
2. I'm reading on the Dortania website on how to make one, but it's hard to wrap my head around.
3. I can see both controllers in IOREG but what's odd is that the ASMedia controller used to show 4 ports, but now they are ghosts, and I can't see any (I'll post a pict when I get home from work) I may unplug all USB and try that too.
4. Mapping manually is nearly impossible since nothing shows where I plug it in, although the volume mounts in the Finder.
5. We haven't even touch on the part where I plug in USB-C to the Thunderbolt ports.
I have no problem editing the file in post 1,377, it's just a lot of typing.
Thank You very much,
The best is to start with one of the kexts linked here : #396
You can attach your IOReg then I 'll see where are your devices.
The ASMedia usb ports are coupled 2 by 2
On your back IO you have :
Chipset+Intel® ThunderboltTM 3 Controller:
d : 2 x USB Type-CTM ports on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
Chipset+Realtek® USB 3.1 Gen 1 Hub:
- 2 x 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
f : USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port : 2 +1
g : USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (White) : 1