Contribute
Register

WWDC 2023 Announced for June 5-9

Eu faço uma renderização perfeita em Twin Motion e Unreal enquanto atualmente trabalho apenas no rosetta, eles ainda funcionam tão bem no M2 Max quanto no meu 9900k com 6900xt. Se eles fossem ARM nativos, provavelmente destruiriam a variante Intel. Maya também é compatível com Mac (arm & intel). Existem muitas soluções 3D compatíveis com Mac. Além de compatível com Mac, a Autodesk possui muitos softwares baseados na Web, portanto, eles não se importam se você é Windows, Mac ou Linux.
yes some 3d apps work but never get the maximum, mainly GPU rendering, much faster and better quality, for example can you render with Ptath Trecer in Twinmotion? it's not possible on mac, and it makes all the difference in the final render.

My anti-dreaming: Mac Pro with an M2 whatever SoC arrives with Apple silicon-only macOS 14.

Each WWDC keynote has been a judgement day of Hackintosh since 2020.

Mac shipments fell 22% in the last quarter. Alas we don’t track “Hackintosh shipments”, which is the number of new Hackintoshes built by users each quarter.

Nevertheless, the drop was industry-wide. And somewhat expected because no new Macs were released in the holiday quarter.

I hope the rumored Mac Pro offers something truly compelling (in specs and price), otherwise it will be facing strong headwinds.

Mac shipments fell 22% in the last quarter. Alas we don’t track “Hackintosh shipments”, which is the number of new Hackintoshes built by users each quarter.

Nevertheless, the drop was industry-wide. And somewhat expected because no new Macs were released in the holiday quarter.

I hope the rumored Mac Pro offers something truly compelling (in specs and price), otherwise it will be facing strong headwinds.

I don't think the Mac Pro matters much in terms of profit or sales anymore. It's more like a tech showcase that almost no one will be able to afford and I don't see it mattering much to the overall Mac marketshare or sales.

If Apple really wanted to improve sales, they can easily do so by lowering prices of RAM and SSD. The fact that they have not resorted to this indicates to me that sales are not a bad as 9to5mac is predicting.

I don't think the Mac Pro matters much in terms of profit or sales anymore. It's more like a tech showcase that almost no one will be able to afford and I don't see it mattering much to the overall Mac marketshare or sales.
Alas I agree. The Mac Pro we used to know and love (my Mac Pro 3,1 for example) is gone. The new thing in its place is a low-volume niche product. Still very interested to see the design/architecture of the next version.

It's more like a tech showcase that almost no one will be able to afford and I don't see it mattering much to the overall Mac marketshare or sales.
And a political showcase— Made in USA.

Interesting. Is that what you think?

:)
With the lowest expectation for the future of my Hackintosh, I won’t be disappointed at all.

Fascinating report. I suppose in context Apple did okay/average, which is actually probably "good" because they sell premium kit.

I upgraded my M1 Mac Mini to the M2 version (not Pro) when Amazon threw a wobbler and offered them for £65 less than usual. I snapped one up and sold the M1. Given the production hiatus in M2 chips I guess I was lucky.

What those stats don't break down as far as I could see (I've done no other research) was which models continued to sell and which didn't. Some must have better margins than others, if that's how Apple works ...

Fascinating report. I suppose in context Apple did okay/average, which is actually probably "good" because they sell premium kit.
Mac sales declined 22% whereas HP and Dell declined over 40%.

I upgraded my M1 Mac Mini to the M2 version (not Pro) when Amazon threw a wobbler and offered them for £65 less than usual. I snapped one up and sold the M1. Given the production hiatus in M2 chips I guess I was lucky.
The Mac mini M2 and M2 Pro are very good choices, but Apple charges so much for memory. 32GB for $400 more than $16GB? In other words $400 for 16GB?

I’m not concerned about SSD on a desktop system because I will never pay Apple’s extortionist prices and instead buy an external 2TB NVMe SSD for $100 to $125. Apple wants $600 for that.

That’s a combined increase of $1000 for 16GB memory and 2TB. On the open market, that combination can be purchased for $200 or less.

Last edited:
Mac sales declined 22% whereas Lenovo and HP declined over 40%.

The Mac mini M2 and M2 Pro are very good choices, but Apple charges so much for memory. 32GB for $400 more than $16GB? In other words $400 for 16GB?

I’m not concerned about SSD on a desktop system because I will never pay Apple’s extortionist prices and instead buy an external 2TB NVMe SSD for $100 to $125. Apple wants $600 for that.

That’s a combined increase of $1000 for 16GB memory and 2TB. On the open market, that combination can be purchased for $200 or less.

I wouldn't put too much weight in to that report... It's not from Apple.
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 11.30.00 AM.png

Last October, Apple surprised everyone with record Mac sales and "market intelligence data" made no such indications prior to Apple's report.

Back