Contribute
Register

Would this be a high End gaming/video editing System? (1440p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALSO, just install Yosemite fully, then after that process is completed, just use boot camp to get the windows partition?

Boot camp is for Apple machines. For hackintosh you are much better off to have a free standing Windows drive.

Edit: A pair of SSDs, one for OS X and one for Windows. The OS X drive with Chimera as the first in the boot line up will give you the option to boot either drive.

Edit: And you could also install VMWare Fusion on OS X and access Windows from within OS X!

Good modding,
neil

So in a perfect world, I would install windows and mac on 2 SEPARATE 128gb SSDs and then partition my 2TB drive to correspond to each of the separate SSDs...?

Yes, that's the smart way to dual boot. You could partition and format the 2TB drive or just
get two separate 1 Tb drives if you need to have files stored that are over 4 GB which is
the limit of FAT32. Then you can format one HFS+ for Yosemite and the other NTFS for
Windows.

• CAS: Corsair Obsidian 450D w/ USB 3.0, Fan Control, Side Panel Window [+67]
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) [+110]
  • CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
  • FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • HDD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 520MB/s Write [+42] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+166] (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory [+14] (Corsair Vengeance [+29])
  • MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H-Black Edition ATX w/ Killer E2200+ Intel GbLAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 8x SATA 6Gb/s (All Venom OC Certified) [+124]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Corsair CX750M CX Series Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply [+48]
  • VIDEO: EVGA Superclocked ACX 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) [+501] (Single Card)
  • WNC: GIGABYTE GC-WB867D-I 802.11AC Wi-Fi up to 867 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo w/ Dual Antenna PCI-E Adapter

Would this configuration (Slightly updated from my last one) work for a hackintosh? I am most likely going to order this online or something (I don't build PCs). Im just going to get unformatted hard-drives so I will install windows and Mac through that. Also, I will split up the 256gb ssd to 128 &128 for each operating system respectively and give a terabyte of storage to each operating system. JUST TO MAKE SURE, you can use the EVGA SUPER CLOCKED 980 for Yosemite right? Besides installing the necessary drivers, there will be no issues for compatibility, right?

P.S. I know I have many questions, however I am putting a lot of money and time into this computer, looking over the power supply, the cooling, and the processor and memory, does it look like a solid system? Any holes? I am thinking of over clocking the CPU a little bit. (Which I assume you can only do while you are connected to the windows side of the computer?) Thanks for everyone's help. Much Appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back