Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] XPS 9570 Hackintosh Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, macOS won't boot anymore. Neither with the config.plist, nor with config15,2.plist. Looks like I have to reinstall macOS again and start over from scratch.
Without a new installation, you don't understand what I mean. What you need to do now is use the DLL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave OSInstaller.zip file I uploaded on the website to start your machine and repair it.

OK, macOS won't boot anymore. Neither with the config.plist, nor with config15,2.plist. Looks like I have to reinstall macOS again and start over from scratch.
My system guarantees that it is all the original files on Apple's official website, without modifying any files or adding files.

Reminds you again that you must use EFI in Mojave OS Installer folder to start your current system. When you enter the system, you will only be in UHD Graphics 630 7MB state without a normal driver graphics card.

1. First you go into the system, Intel UHD Graphics 6307MB
2. Reconstruct the cache and run the Open (Terminal) input. sudo kextcache -i /
3. Replace the file below EFI with the correct config. I uploaded it both in my GitHub and in this post.

4. After all three steps have been completed, you will be surprised to restart the machine at this time.

After you've done all these things in 1.2.3, put the EFI in my DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave.zip file, and then you can execute the fourth step.

Keep in mind that without performing the first three steps directly using the correct files I have made will only restart indefinitely and can not enter the system properly!

Ok, I’ll give it a go. The question still remains: Do you put any kext into /Library/Extensions or run everything from EFI? In that case, what does sudo kextcache -i / do? Shouldn’t it have no effect as you seem not to install anything into /Library/Extensions?

Again, I didn't put or modify any files in the system files. All the files I used to drive were in my EFI directory.

Again, I didn't put or modify any files in the system files. All the files I used to drive were in my EFI directory.

I recreated the installer image as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ and replaced the EFI directory from your repo (DELL-XPS-15-9570-8950-4K-macOS-Mojave OSInstaller/EFI). I entered the installer successfully, deleted the original macOS install (recreated the APFS partition). Installer successfully created the new recovery, filevault and macOS partitions but fails to finish, getting a kernel panic.

I'm thinking about going back to the Unibeast method and trying to at least to install macOS successfully again. At this point I'm a bit lost on what may be going wrong here. One thing I was thinking about is that 10.14.3 has just been released and my new installer has that version. May it be the source of the problem? (Previously I installed macOS using the Unibeast method with 10.14.2).

My documents are suitable for 14.0-14.2-14.3. Around me, I have helped many people successfully install and use it normally. In this post, according to my way, there are many people who benefit from it. If it is the original installation problem, you need to solve it by yourself.

Looks like I an -nv_disable=1 clover boot flag was necessary for the install to continue. I have macOS 10.14.3 installed. Now onto adding the bootlaoder into the SSD's EFI.

@shenlinsl How are you using the DW1830 wifi card in your Dell XPS 9570? That model only has two antennas, whereas the DW1830 card expects 3. It turns out that my wifi card is actually a Killer 1535 which won't work and needs replacing. Now I wonder if a DW1830 with only two antennas is worth it or shall I be looking for an alternative...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back