<key>Type</key>
                    <string>OSX</string>
                    <key>Volume</key>
                    <string>Mac HD</string>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Thanks. That did the trick for me. i also figured that GUID of the partitions should be read from the bootlog, not from disk utility. everything is working as it should finally. Thank you!

On your EFI partition, rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Hi guys, I seem to have hit upon the same problem. I've been happily running Sierra from an SSD thanks to all the help on this forum and recently installed Win10 on a separate HD.
Windows is working and I have plenty of boot options showing in clover.

I installed windows to update thunderbolt firmware for startech thunderbolt adaptor https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-thunderbolt-3-to-thunderbolt-adapter.200902/ After installing win10 I was able to boot into OS X once, If I remember right it was direct from my SSD through clover. I followed the instructions in the Startech post, show hidden files, copied all applethunderbolt kexts to a backup folder on the desktop and then deleted from system/library/extensions, basically everything up to step 10- I made changes in the BIOS as described.

However now i can't boot into OS X at all, not from my InstallOSX USB or direct from the SSD 'UEFI OS' partition. When I try to run 'macOS from SSD' on the clover bootloader, everything seems to start fine and then it loops back round to clover screen or boots into windows.
Worryingly, when I enter BIOS, 'windows boot loader' shows up as a boot option on my SSD (which I thought had been kept out of the equation as I installed windows to a separate HDD) - Have spent the last couple of days reading, am I right in thinking the Windows 10 boot loader has been installed into the same EFI location as my OS X sierra boot file and is somehow taking priority? I can't figure out how to boot into OS X at all so haven't been able to rename the file mentioned in rehabman's post.

I've messed about with BIOS boot options/priorities, entered UEFI shell to confirm that all boot options are physical drives (I think they are, all shown as HD...)

I found logan greys post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ter-installed-os-x-clover-uefi-simple.182919/ which advised me to enter windows and type Command prompt(admin) ' Windows /s C: /f uefi'
This creates a folder visible on OS X desktop containing the Windows bootloader files. I'm supposed to boot into Sierra and mount my EFI, and then move this folder back into The BOOT folder.

This is where I'm stuck without a way to boot into macOS. I remade my USB key on my MacBook Pro but still no luck- I've tried to install OSX from the USB to a separate USB drive to maybe boot Sierra direct from USB but my MacBook is old and can't install 10.12. so need to wait for a friend with an up to date machine to pay me a visit

Can anyone shine a light on this for me? If I can provide any logs or info please let me know, IMG_3102.JPG Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3103.JPG
    IMG_3103.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3106.JPG
    IMG_3106.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 137
Hi guys, I seem to have hit upon the same problem. I've been happily running Sierra from an SSD thanks to all the help on this forum and recently installed Win10 on a separate HD.
Windows is working and I have plenty of boot options showing in clover.

I installed windows to update thunderbolt firmware for startech thunderbolt adaptor https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-thunderbolt-3-to-thunderbolt-adapter.200902/ After installing win10 I was able to boot into OS X once, If I remember right it was direct from my SSD through clover. I followed the instructions in the Startech post, show hidden files, copied all applethunderbolt kexts to a backup folder on the desktop and then deleted from system/library/extensions, basically everything up to step 10- I made changes in the BIOS as described.

However now i can't boot into OS X at all, not from my InstallOSX USB or direct from the SSD 'UEFI OS' partition.

Sounds like the changes you made above for thunderbolt were bad changes.
Undo them.

IMG_3119.JPG
Sounds like the changes you made above for thunderbolt were bad changes.
Undo them.
Hey RehabMan, thanks for the reply. The thunderbolt changes can be reversed if I can access the EFI folder on my internal SSD- unfortunately this is my problem, I'm unable to boot OS X from the installerUSB to enable me to access the SSD. Whether I try through BIOS or clover I end up with a short log and then the display signal is lost and I return to clover.

If I do a fresh install of Sierra onto a clean USB, and then boot from that at BIOS I expect I'll be able to see the SSD, can mount the EFI and undo those changes?

Or is there something I'm missing and is there a way to boot into OS X using the EFI folder on my installer USB?

The pic below of uefi shell shows the EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi file you mentioned in your post- is this something I can change to bootmgfw-orig.efi when logged into windows and do you think this will enable my bootx64.efi file to boot OS X? Apologies for any confusion!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
View attachment 239315
Hey RehabMan, thanks for the reply. The thunderbolt changes can be reversed if I can access the EFI folder on my internal SSD- unfortunately this is my problem, I'm unable to boot OS X from the installerUSB to enable me to access the SSD. Whether I try through BIOS or clover I end up with a short log and then the display signal is lost and I return to clover.

If I do a fresh install of Sierra onto a clean USB, and then boot from that at BIOS I expect I'll be able to see the SSD, can mount the EFI and undo those changes?

Or is there something I'm missing and is there a way to boot into OS X using the EFI folder on my installer USB?

The pic below of uefi shell shows the EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi file you mentioned in your post- is this something I can change to bootmgfw-orig.efi when logged into windows and do you think this will enable my bootx64.efi file to boot OS X? Apologies for any confusion!

Thanks again!

You can access EFI from Windows or Linux.

Ok, I logged into windows and changed EFI/Windows/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

I've had to pop out but just so I'm sure I understand. is the EFI folder that's visible in Windows the same one that contains all my OSX/clover stuff(config.plist etc)- I thought that as my SSD is macOS Journaled it wouldn't show up in windows and I thought that was the location of the EFI folder I made the thunderbolt changes to in error. But if this is the EFi folder I can see in windows I should be able to access system/library/extensions from there and replace the extensions I deleted?
Thanks again- will try asap!

Ok, I logged into windows and changed EFI/Windows/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

I've had to pop out but just so I'm sure I understand. is the EFI folder that's visible in Windows the same one that contains all my OSX/clover stuff(config.plist etc)- I thought that as my SSD is macOS Journaled it wouldn't show up in windows and I thought that was the location of the EFI folder I made the thunderbolt changes to in error. But if this is the EFi folder I can see in windows I should be able to access system/library/extensions from there and replace the extensions I deleted?
Thanks again- will try asap!

Your OS X/macOS system partition is HFS+.
It has nothing to do with the EFI partition which is FAT32.

Your OS X/macOS system partition is HFS+.
It has nothing to do with the EFI partition which is FAT32.
Hi rehabman, Thanks for the clarification, I booted into windows and can see the EFI folder in File manager but i can't access System/Library/extensions to replace the thunderbolt kexts I deleted. Also, these kexts are backed up on my OS Sierra desktop which I'm guessing is on the HFS+ SSD drive. Is it possible to access this folder through windows or only when booted on OS X? At the moment When booted in win 10, I can see a whole host of files in EFI/Windows section but under EFI/Boot the only file is bootx64.efi - Thanks again for all your help, I'm totally lost at the moment!

Hi rehabman, Thanks for the clarification, I booted into windows and can see the EFI folder in File manager but i can't access System/Library/extensions to replace the thunderbolt kexts I deleted. Also, these kexts are backed up on my OS Sierra desktop which I'm guessing is on the HFS+ SSD drive. Is it possible to access this folder through windows or only when booted on OS X? At the moment When booted in win 10, I can see a whole host of files in EFI/Windows section but under EFI/Boot the only file is bootx64.efi - Thanks again for all your help, I'm totally lost at the moment!

System/Library/Extensions is not on EFI. It is on your system volume. You could delete them from Terminal within the OS X installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back