Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for the same ram as you did. :) by the way it's cheaper to buy on amazon.de.
Do you have any issues with your motherboard? I read that a lot of people experience similar issues with our motherboard.
No I've been lucky and not had a single problem with this motherboard. I'm sure if you google search any type of motherboard some unlucky user has had a problem with it. Glad you managed to get the same RAM as its been superb to date running solid at 2666MHz.

Last edited:
I read around about RAM, and came to the conclusion that 2666MHz is optimal. Anything higher than 2666MHz only beneficial for systems with integrated GPU.

I've got my new and shiny motherboard.(still have to wait a week for my ram
to arrive). I am going to install 10.11.5. Any advise? Any changes in config?

Last edited:
I've got my new and shiny motherboard.(still have to wait a week for my ram
to arrive). I am going to install 10.11.5. Any advise? Any changes in config?

You shouldn't need to reinstall unless you've erased your installation drive. Just configure the BIOS as posted and it should just boot. For 10.11.5 no changes required, I installed a couple of days ago with the latest UniBeast without a single hiccup.

I can't use apple superdrive. I am getting "USB Device Needs Power".
I have connected native wifi/bt card, and connection speed is very low.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 23.05.43.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 23.05.43.png
    17 KB · Views: 77
I can't use apple superdrive. I am getting "USB Device Needs Power"
If you look in the manual under BIOS > USB Configuration you can enable charging on the ASMedia Chipset. Connect the Apple Superdrive to a rear ASMedia port and test.
I have connected native wifi/bt card, and connection speed is very low.
What native Wi-Fi/BT card?

I disabled all asmedia devices on my motherboard. Is there anyway to increase usb port voltage output?
I have pcei adapter and BCM94360CD card. BTW, both wireless keyboard and trackpad working in bois.
I am blaming lower power output of USB ports for erratic cursor movements.

Last edited:
I disabled all asmedia devices on my motherboard. Is there anyway to increase usb port voltage output?
No idea. Why have you disabled them?
I have pie adapter and BCM94360CD card.
Off topic to this build description. Post your queries in the Network forum or contact the supplier whom you bought it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back