Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a sleep-test and had no sound after wake up. Maybe the reason is that I did install the Realtek drivers in windows(?). It doesn't me bother really as I prefer turning the system of when not in use (another advantage of going air cooled instead of water cooled as my previous build were).
Did you try RehebMan's Codec Commander kext for making the audio (after wakeup from sleep) work? If not, download it, put it on the Desktop and use KextBeast to install it in the /Library/Extensions.

Did you try RehebMan's Codec Commander kext for making the audio (after wakeup from sleep) work? If not, download it, put it on the Desktop and use KextBeast to install it in the /Library/Extensions.
Thank you Stork. Just tried it but with no luck. When going to sleep, the computer sleeps for app 1 second, then wakes up and still no sound.

Thank you Stork. Just tried it but with no luck. When going to sleep, the computer sleeps for app 1 second, then wakes up and still no sound.
When you boot into El Capitan, do you have audio? I'm getting confused.

When you boot into El Capitan, do you have audio? I'm getting confused.
Yes. Cold booting to El Capitan gives me sound. Before I installed the Code Commander kext, the computer would stay asleep but no sound on wakening up. With the Code Commander kext, the computer only stays asleep for a second, then turns on - again with no sound.

Minor niggle, "about this mac" shows 16GB of RAM despite my 32GB. Can I change this? (top shows the correct amount of memory available so it doesn't affect performance).

Glad you've installed successfully, the memory displayed is only cosmetic and can be fixed in your config.plist. See step 4 of the 10.11.4+ Skylake Starter Guide. Happy hackintoshing.

I just did a sleep-test and had no sound after wake up. Maybe the reason is that I did install the Realtek drivers in windows(?). It doesn't me bother really as I prefer turning the system of when not in use (another advantage of going air cooled instead of water cooled as my previous build were).
As Sir Stork posted you need to install Codec Commander to /Library/Extensions. Is your system waking up by itself immediately?

I don't know if installing the Realtek Drivers in Windows could stop Codec Commander from working in OS X. I can confirm that CodecCommander works for me after sleep on the analog device I use connected to the motherboard. HDMI (Digital) works without the kext.

For sleep try setting Energy Saver in System Preferences the same as this screen shot:
Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 19.58.12.png
Let me know how this works for you. I know early on in OS X El Capitan I was getting a wake reason for IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

thank you, wildwillow! I really appreciate the effort. it's good to know that your build seems to be flawless :)
I think I'll wait for Apple's WWDC event on June 10th to see if they'll update any of their Macs which could mean proper working 2011-v3 generation boards.
otherwise I guess I'll pull the trigger on your build. and thanks again for testing your system again!

You're welcome. WWDC being only a few days away is worth the wait to get exactly what you'd like. Hope you get what you want.

As Sir Stork posted you need to install Codec Commander to /Library/Extensions. Is your system waking up by itself immediately?
Yes, the power led on the case blinks for less than a second (as it should do in sleep mode), then switches to permanent and the DVD drive and fans spin up as during a normal boot. The display stays off until I touch the keyboard and then the desktop is on immediately.
For sleep try setting Energy Saver in System Preferences the same as this screen shot:
View attachment 197319
Let me know how this works for you. I know early on in OS X El Capitan I was getting a wake reason for IntelMausiEthernet.kext.
These settings did not solve it.

I did notice that after updating the nvidia drivers to 346.03.10f02 on the following reboot there was a "please wait while updating bios"-message. Maybe this is the culprit? I will try updating the bios to 1801 soon and see if that solves the issue.

Is there a way to get my HD Audio front panel connectors to work?

I did notice that after updating the nvidia drivers to 346.03.10f02 on the following reboot there was a "please wait while updating bios"-message. Maybe this is the culprit? I will try updating the bios to 1801 soon and see if that solves the issue.

I wonder if the culprit is your optical DVD drive. They used to be troublesome with sleep. A trick used to be to always have a disc in when the system slept. But to tick this box off the wake up list, try shutting down your system and disconnect the SATA cable from the drive. Boot the system and test sleep. If it wakes immediately again, go to Applications >Utilities >Console and check the log for wake reason around the time it woke (if it wakes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back