Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have sound coming out when headphones are connected to the black port, and nothing appears when in sound preferences. I do not have anything there except mostly my Cinema displays. I get sound out of 'Display Audio' for one Cinema Display but its occasionally garbled. Sometimes when I boot I can get sound out of the two 'LED cinema displays' options but sometimes when I reboot these options just disappear.

The LED display set up is 3 cables, one for power, one for mini display port (using an adapter to go to full display port in my 2x 780's) and the final one is Usb to provide sound and power to the USB ports at back of the monitor.

I guess it is a concern I have no sound out from the black port. That suggests Ive done something wrong? But Ive installed the ALC1150 and the two kexts from Multibeast... Ive also gone to Clover as per my previous picture and sorted it out.

Bit strange.

Either way, thank you. Im basically 99% there.

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 105
I don't have sound coming out when headphones are connected to the black port, and nothing appears when in sound preferences
At this point on-board audio is not configured correctly. You should see more than the Digital audio devices.
HDAS to HDEF rename is in place. Mount your EFI partition and download audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
View Raw/double click on the script to run it and follow the questions answering y/n. Credit toleda.
Restart your system and check in Sound/Outputs.

Thank you for the quick response!
Ive tried to follow the instructions but this is what I get regardless of the option I choose. its a list of what appears to be a failure that goes on and on and on.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 113
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 107
Looks like you are are not injecting an audio ID. The script is asking you to select an audio ID which will be audio-id 1. The entry in your config.plist/KernelsandKextPatches/KextToPatch is missing?
Could you attach your config.plist, not the UniBeast USB but /your installation drive/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist. Thanks.

Absolutely. Here you go. Ive just removed my SMBIOS data at the bottom of the config for safety/hackintiosh purposes (replaced by XXXXXX)

Everything else is untouched :)
I hope you can see where Im going wrong. Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 215
There is something wrong with the format of your config.plist. Couldn't open it with a plist editor.
This section should say Inject >1< not >Detect<
Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 15.42.58.png

I don't understand what could be wrong with the format. I did remove my SMBIOS data so maybe thats why it appears in a strange format. Its basically untouched from the EFI folder otherwise. Regardless, Ive changed it to '1'. and I ran the script again. The following is the new config file and the outcome of the script you linked me to earlier.
Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 227
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 116
I don't understand what could be wrong with the format. I did remove my SMBIOS data so maybe thats why it appears in a strange format. Its basically untouched from the EFI folder otherwise. Regardless, Ive changed it to '1'. and I ran the script again. The following is the new config file and the outcome of the script you linked me to earlier.
Thank you.

I understand what has gone wrong. Suggest you start over, you've not followed post#1 at all when it comes to audio. The script I linked you earlier was cloverALC-110.comand(same as running MultiBeast audio), this time you've run AppleHDA8Series.sh which is not for 100 series motherboard audio. Also you've installed HDMIAudio.kext which isn't supported on this site. These methods combined will result in fail. Use one method, proven steps in post#1 works for onboard audio and HDMI audio.

I'm happy to help you when it comes to the steps I followed and documented in this build description. But if you decide to go off the beaten track I can't help you.

Thank you very much for pointing out where I went wrong. Ive done so without realising it. Ive taken your advice and reinstalled MultiBeast and followed the instructions ,while being switched on mentally, to the letter. Ive removed HDMI audio kext for good (it worked on my last build and didn't think anything of it for using it in this one).

It all works! Ive got sound coming out of both monitors, out of the black headphone jack and additional line/in/out options are also present. Everything is now working perfectly, including sleep/wake, iMessage, and HMDI audio to my TV.

Sorry about the headache for the past few days, its been a good learning experience and couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers!

Out of interest, is it worth reading into what is, and doing, a SSDT? Ive never done one and from what I gather everything is working fine on my PC.. (I think).

Last edited:
Thank you very much for pointing out where I went wrong. Ive done so without realising it. Ive taken your advice and reinstalled MultiBeast and followed the instructions ,while being switched on mentally, to the letter. Ive removed HDMI audio kext for good (it worked on my last build and didn't think anything of it for using it in this one).

It all works! Ive got sound coming out of both monitors, out of the black headphone jack and additional line/in/out options are also present. Everything is now working perfectly, including sleep/wake, iMessage, and HMDI audio to my TV.

Sorry about the headache for the past few days, its been a good learning experience and couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers!

Out of interest, is it worth reading into what is, and doing, a SSDT? Ive never done one and from what I gather everything is working fine on my PC.. (I think).

Pleased you've got your audio configured correctly and your system is working ok. What SSDT(s) are you talking about, CPU power management SSDT, USB-SSDT? For power management you can either create your own using toleda's guide here Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management or ammulder created a bunch of processor specific SSDT's including yours at the bottom of post#1 here http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/
For USB-SSDT, you can follow the guide from this thread USB procedure in the older Skylake guide step 7.2 onwards. Your Intel USB ports should all work with USBInjectAll.kext and the raise port limit selected from MultiBeast. Ideally creating an SSDT to inject only the ports you have is recommended and then remove the raise port limit patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back