Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm doing an upgrade and got this board. I got Unibeast sorted. However, on booting it for the first time I get the Apple logo and then after a short while, the circle with a line running through it. Ive tried booting Unibeast on various USB 3.0 ports, and the one USB 2.0 port at the back of the motherboard.

Any idea why Im having this issue?

Thanks.

You tried booting with [bootargs:nv_disable=1] ? - Found in options in the Clover boot screen.
The GTX 780 needs a driver that can only be installed from OSX. This boot argument will let you boot with the one build in OSX, if I'm correct.

Ive tried it with no success :(

My 780 is the RevA version. It does not need the nvidia web drivers.
When I boot up in safe mode, I get the circle with the line through and the screen gets all garbled.
Attached is the screenshot I get off Unibeast boot, just before the screen garbles.

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Attached is the screenshot I get off Unibeast boot, just before the screen garbles

Your first problem is waiting for root, this means the installer is in an unsupported port. Use the config.plist attached to install. Replace it with the one from your UniBeast drive. Although if you used the latest UniBeast it will contain the raise port limit patch and USBInjectAll.kext. Connect your UniBeast drive up to your case USB3.0 port and boot from that. Connect your keyboard and mouse to the 2 Intel ports on the rear of the motherboard. Unless you've installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your USB installer you won't have functioning ASMedia ports on the rear. I've added nv_disable=1 and -v, your graphics card is natively supported and shouldn't need the alternate drivers once you've installed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Thank you for the response. I'll try the attached file after work today.
What I find most interesting in this is that I've used the latest Unibeast version (6.2.0) and it's presented with my problems. Sorry Im confused, you said my graphics card is natively supported but still need the alternate drivers? Im assuming you meant shouldn't.

Let you know how I go. Once again thank you.

Last edited:
you said my graphics card is natively supported but still need the alternate drivers? Im assuming you meant shouldn't
Yes it was a typo, corrected thanks.

hi wild willow, Im sorry to say I still have the garble even after replacing the plist file :(

Edit. My set up is pretty basic, the only thing I have connected (and works in BIOS) is my BCM wifi/bluetooth adapter that works natively. Thats connected through an internal USB 2.0 header.

Everything else is done through a standard uni beast (6.2) install. I did not select any graphics options (when promoted in the uni beast) as I didn't feel I needed them.

I'm really at a loss as to why I'm having problems but so many others are successful.
I have the INWIN 909 case with 3x USB ports in case. I really don't know what other info I can offer (case does not have usb 2.0).... I'm using a 6700k....
I've even removed the graphics cards now and still have the same problem...
Have spent so much time on this so far :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
If you've set the BIOS exactly as I've done so in Post#1 then I wonder if its the BCM Wifi/BT adapter is conflicting with the onboard USB bluetooth and Wi-Fi card since your screen shot shows AppleUSBXHCI failed to create ports. You could try leaving in your adapter, enter the BIOS to disable onboard Wi-Fi/BT.
If this returns the same line of text when you boot verbose. Download and install GenericUSBXHCI.kext, put the release version of the kext in UniBeast/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11. Put UniBeast in one of the ASMedia ports on the rear of the motherboard and test installing.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Finally got to the installer screen.
I pulled out my native Broadcom card and rebooted USB. Got to the installer. Plugged the PCIE card back in, and it didn't work. I then went to BIOS and disabled the onboard Bluetooth/WIFI as you said. It worked!!

Cant believe something so basic, but something that never crossed my mind was the culprit all along.
Ive now basically got my Hack up and running and everything is working sweet except for one issue...

Ive installed the ALC 1150 and made adjustments per your instructions in clover config, but I cannot get sound. Im using 2x Apple cinema displays (non thunderbolt version) so sound is supposed to come through the USB connections. In sound preferences, I have LED CINEMA DISPLAY as an option for sound, but when I select it, I have no sound...
I believe Ive also correctly installed all the USB drivers, which were the two relevant options in Multibeast.

Any ideas?

Once again thank you!

Attachments

• screenshot0.jpg
    screenshot0.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 92
Thats good news Wolfie81, I assumed it could be Wi-Fi/BT when you mentioned having 2 cards installed.
The two selections you've installed from MultiBeast for USB are 3rd party USB3.0(GenericUSBXHCI.kext) and Increase port limit patch? This should enable all of you enabled USB ports.

You'll have to bare with me concerning audio using your Apple displays as I'm not familiar how USB provides audio to them. I think to start you need to test whether you have onboard audio from the motherboard. Using the black port on the rear and selecting Line-out from System Preferences/Sound/Outputs.
How are you connected to the Apple displays, what cables and these are from your GTX780?
Do they support HDMI audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back