7870 GHz Ed.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, newbie on the site!

I recently just turned my computer into a dualboot OSX Mavericks and Windows 8.1 machine. However, I'm not getting a few things to work, and the one most annoying is the WiFi adapter in my computer. I haven't gotten any results from Google, so I'm wondering if I can get some help here.

So, what I have in my machine as of now is THIS (CLICK ME), from Intel. I have the drivers installed on my Windows partition, and I want the internet to be on the Mac side as well. Is there any way that I can get it to work? I don't have the money whatsoever to run out and get a new adapter since I'm pretty much broke right now. USB isn't an option, and the router is upstairs, quite far away.

I might be able to sell it for a different WiFi adapter, but it is an amazing one and I don't wanna give it up.

Thanks!!
-Blu

If you are trying to use a Intel WIFI Card/Adapter it will not work as Intel WIFI Cards are not supported by Apple.
Wifi Adapters seem to be the most difficult thing.

If you are using a internal card that utilize a PCI slot, I recommend you take a look at the Buyers Guide as this will be the most help for PCI Wifi cards.

Looks like I might have to sell it. Yikes.

Looks like I might have to sell it. Yikes.

If wifi is the biggest problem then really you have not much to worry about. Generally, compatible cards are literally only a few pounds/dollars/euros and you can sell your non-compaible card for the same kind of money. Also the process of swapping is usually very straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back