Contribute
Register

why does hackintosh fail to start after a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 4720hq
Graphics
gtx 950m
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello guys,

I tried to install macos sierra two times on my asus n550jx first time i installed it on my ssd (dualboot with windows 10) and it worked fine for a week or so and some day i tried to start sierra and i got the stop sign after loading with apple logo for some time i searched for a fix but i didn't get any thing so i reinstalled it on my hdd on the same laptop and now after using it for some time i got the stop sign again but now it directly shows no apple logo before that and i dont get anything in with verbose

hello guys,

I tried to install macos sierra two times on my asus n550jx first time i installed it on my ssd (dualboot with windows 10) and it worked fine for a week or so and some day i tried to start sierra and i got the stop sign after loading with apple logo for some time i searched for a fix but i didn't get any thing so i reinstalled it on my hdd on the same laptop and now after using it for some time i got the stop sign again but now it directly shows no apple logo before that and i dont get anything in with verbose

Are you using software that allows read/write access to HFS/APFS in Windows?
Such as Paragon?
If so, stop using that software... it is likely corrupting your system volume.
Note: You can check and possibly repair your system volume by using Disk Utility within the macOS installer.

Are you using software that allows read/write access to HFS/APFS in Windows?
Such as Paragon?
If so, stop using that software... it is likely corrupting your system volume.
Note: You can check and possibly repair your system volume by using Disk Utility within the macOS installer.
thank you for your reply, no i am not using any software that allows access to hfs/apfs
when this happened to me in the first time i tried to repair the partition but it didn't show in disk utility. i will try it again this time

thank you for your reply, no i am not using any software that allows access to hfs/apfs
when this happened to me in the first time i tried to repair the partition but it didn't show in disk utility. i will try it again this time

Maybe your partition setup is incorrect... possible you created an MBR/GPT hybrid (never create Windows partitions within Disk Utility, as it will create a hybrid, which will cause confusion and corruption... unless you really know what you're doing).

With your hardware, there is no need for a hybrid, as you can install Window UEFI to pure GPT.

Maybe your partition setup is incorrect... possible you created an MBR/GPT hybrid (never create Windows partitions within Disk Utility, as it will create a hybrid, which will cause confusion and corruption... unless you really know what you're doing).

With your hardware, there is no need for a hybrid, as you can install Window UEFI to pure GPT.

i installed windows first and then i followed a guide on how to create partition to install hackintosh

i installed windows first and then i followed a guide on how to create partition to install hackintosh

You should do all initial partitioning with Disk Utility as GPT.
But don't create any Windows partitions... (leave HFS+J placeholders for Windows)
Then you can format those partitions within the Windows installer.
That leaves you with a pure-GPT (no hybrid).

See details in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You should do all initial partitioning with Disk Utility as GPT.
But don't create any Windows partitions... (leave HFS+J placeholders for Windows)
Then you can format those partitions within the Windows installer.
That leaves you with a pure-GPT (no hybrid).

See details in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
thank you for your help, for the meantime i can't format my disk and reinstall windows i have a lot of work that i need to finish first but i will try that later on my other hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back