Contribute
Register

What about AMD's R9 Series (280x, 290x) on our Hackintoshes?. Further explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with my profile set to either 3.1 or 5.1, my single 270X gets 1798.

Thanks for all the help. Unfortunately I still could not get the r9 280x toxic running at 100%.

I switched to MP 5.1 but now there is a new problem. It looks like I need to use AtiConfig=?? and AtiPorts=4 right? what did you use for AtiConfig=?

Thanks again! I somehow wished I would have taken the ASUS card :( but it's too late not to exchange it...

UPDATE:
Finally got a luxmark 2.1 score of 2526
and a heaven score of 1300
also exporting FCPX BruceX benchmark to ProRes 422 in 39 sec

Only the performance in the OpenGL Extension Viewer is kind of low (max FPS @ 3.1 is 732), but I am not sure how relevant the test is.

What do you think? Seems to be ok now?

So Mili what did you do to get your Toxic 280x working?

I could use some help with my Sapphire R9 270X Vapor GPU with 10.8.5. I get the boot error screen and never make it to Chameleon. I suspect I just don't have the right driver and need to re-run multiBeast.

Currently I am using a DST file and a gtx 650ti boost gpu without issues. from what I've read so far, I thought I'd try:

Start-up with the hd4000
Rerun Multibeast as MacPro
No DST
GE=no
Change bios to use PCI

Do you think this will do it?

What kexts do I need to remove before running MultiBeast?

Sorry I am not quite sure why it is working now but here is what I did.

1. EFI according to guide (GraphicsEnabler = No)
2. Disconnect Thunderbolt Display and change BIOS setting to Init Display First = IGFX and Internal Graphics = Disabled

Only the Asus display is now connected via miniDP to the 280x.

System Report says:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3072 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6798
Revision ID: 0x0000

Well, I just can't seem to get past the boot0 error screen. I'll have to put my nvidia card back in so I can address the issues. That's a PITA cause I crammed a Sapphire R9 270x Vapor-x into my Silverstone sg05 case. I had to take out everything but the mobo to squeeze it in.

I'll try moving the boot stuff to the EFI partition. I tried doing it from a mac Book by putting the mountain lion boot drive in a USB enclosure and using 1s2 for to designated drive but couldn't get it to work. Why wouldn't that work? Is it because I was on a MacBook that won't run Mountain Lion?

update:
Finally got the EFI fix working. So Happy. happy, happy, happy. Problem now is none of my color profiles work. Safari makes the whole system drag to a c r a w l. FireFox works fine though. Something's very wrong. But I'm encouraged that I got it to work at all. System profiler shows:
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 14 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6810
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

Time to dig some more

Hi mate, I forgive my English, I'm Spanish.
Would I like to know if you have the settings on mac pro 5.1?
I have a 4770 Haswell. D3H H87M motherboard and graphics R9270X
How did you do to get hdmi sound work?
It works perfect, minus the hdmi sound.
Thank you very much and greetings.

Is the R9 270X working out of the box? I have a 500W Corsair PSU which i believe is sufficient. The price-point is too attractive.

Edit..
I've done the copying to EFI but I still get boot0: done *gibberish*

Any thoughts?

I've just popped a £240 Gigabyte 280x onto my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
(As well as 3x 2TB WD Black drives in RAID0 - 450MB/s!)

I set the system to MacPro5.1 and deleted the AppleTyMCEDriver kext. No EFI partitioning or fiddling with init graphics etc. I'm running one monitor through the Mobo and another through the 280x.

It's giving me a Luxmark score of 2464. Great!
And the FCPX BruceX rendering test is now finishing in about 32 seconds.

Very happy, and thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back