Contribute
Register

What about AMD's R9 Series (280x, 290x) on our Hackintoshes?. Further explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a sapphire toxic R9 280x and needless to say this card simply smokes anything on the table. Power hungry, not so quiet, but the performance peaks like anything.

installed a fresh copy of mavericks, installed bootloader on EFI parition, plugged in the card, and everything worked right OOB.

sidenote: BIOS settings: Internal graphics = disabled, IGFX
used basic boot settings from multibeast.

Just dropped in to confirm that Sapphire Toxic edition of R9 280x works, but i am getting a luxmark score of 824, have no experience with this if its a good or bad score. Also HDMI audio wasnt working. Anyone with luck?

got a sapphire toxic R9 280x and needless to say this card simply smokes anything on the table. Power hungry, not so quiet, but the performance peaks like anything.

installed a fresh copy of mavericks, installed bootloader on EFI parition, plugged in the card, and everything worked right OOB.

sidenote: BIOS settings: Internal graphics = disabled, IGFX
used basic boot settings from multibeast.

Just dropped in to confirm that Sapphire Toxic edition of R9 280x works, but i am getting a luxmark score of 824, have no experience with this if its a good or bad score. Also HDMI audio wasnt working. Anyone with luck?

Hey mate what motherboard you have? Because when i set BIOS settings: Internal graphics = disabled, IGFX my board beeps like 3 times, and then it i power it off, and the IGFX is set to Auto again causing the white screen problem with multiple monitors.

Hey guys

So i solved my problem, my monitor has both analog and digital outputs so i connected the digital to the AMD card and the analog for the onboard graphic card so i switch it in a touch of a button between the two cards so i can have dual boot and 3 screens :)

Hey guys

So i solved my problem, my monitor has both analog and digital outputs so i connected the digital to the AMD card and the analog for the onboard graphic card so i switch it in a touch of a button between the two cards so i can have dual boot and 3 screens :)

Hey that's brilliant! I haven't use VGA in so long that I completely ignore the fact my monitors/motherboard has it. Works great. My Lenovo monitor automatically switches to whatever input is receiving a signal, so I only have to press the button once when rebooting.

Wonder if there is a way in OSX to signal the VGA internal graphics output to switch completely off once booted. Right now it just freezes the image of the white apple screen and the twirling "loading" circle until I swap inputs. So I guess the monitor still sees that as a signal.

Hey that's brilliant! I haven't use VGA in so long that I completely ignore the fact my monitors/motherboard has it. Works great. My Lenovo monitor automatically switches to whatever input is receiving a signal, so I only have to press the button once when rebooting.

Wonder if there is a way in OSX to signal the VGA internal graphics output to switch completely off once booted. Right now it just freezes the image of the white apple screen and the twirling "loading" circle until I swap inputs. So I guess the monitor still sees that as a signal.

Yeah for me is the same i just need to do it manually, but i doubt it you can turn it off because this is set in the BIOS so whatever MAC OS does i don't think it can overwrite a BIOS command, but I'm happy enough with this solution :)

Yeah for me is the same i just need to do it manually, but i doubt it you can turn it off because this is set in the BIOS so whatever MAC OS does i don't think it can overwrite a BIOS command, but I'm happy enough with this solution :)

Well I just got home after being out for a few hours and realized a small issue with this setup. Since my monitor auto-switches and I use "turn off monitors after x-minutes", it switches to the VGA signal and doesn't turn off. So I guess I can just switch off the monitor, but yeah. Still nice to have both monitors on my 270x.

Hey mate what motherboard you have? Because when i set BIOS settings: Internal graphics = disabled, IGFX my board beeps like 3 times, and then it i power it off, and the IGFX is set to Auto again causing the white screen problem with multiple monitors.

the usual Z77X UD5H from gigabyte, but i think something is up with the luxmark scores. Really not comparable to lets say a 7970 Ghz edition :banghead:

anyone can shed some light in here?

Well I just got home after being out for a few hours and realized a small issue with this setup. Since my monitor auto-switches and I use "turn off monitors after x-minutes", it switches to the VGA signal and doesn't turn off. So I guess I can just switch off the monitor, but yeah. Still nice to have both monitors on my 270x.

Are you sure your Monitor doesn't have a manual mode to switch? Mine has both.

Are you sure your Monitor doesn't have a manual mode to switch? Mine has both.

Nope, no way to turn automatic switching off. Not a huge deal, tho. 90% of the time I'm using my main monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back