Contribute
Register

What about AMD's R9 Series (280x, 290x) on our Hackintoshes?. Further explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tested a 290x on 10.9.3 yet?

I have one coming tomorrow.
Eager to try!!

Does it finally work? I have it but need drivers for pc not the freeze up when its plugged in.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Stingray454
290X driver for 10.9 out: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,8489.0.html
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane
Just about dropped my coffee when I saw this!

yes!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it finally work? I have it but need drivers for pc not the freeze up when its plugged in.

Don't know yet.
My 290x arrives today though...have my "testing" OS copy all set with the drivers to give it a go soon.

Don't know yet.
My 290x arrives today though...have my "testing" OS copy all set with the drivers to give it a go soon.

I saw ur post on another forum, i thought we were talkin about the same r9 290x.
To me im sutck on a white grey screen.

Asus Radeon R9 290X

Well...
I can't get it to boot.

I've never been an AMD Hackintosh guy though, so I may be doing something wrong.

I'm on Clover and no combination of boot flags seems to get me to the OS.
Any generic tips to try from anyone?

Well...
I can't get it to boot.

I've never been an AMD Hackintosh guy though, so I may be doing something wrong.

I'm on Clover and no combination of boot flags seems to get me to the OS.
Any generic tips to try from anyone?

What are your boot settings and all your hardware? What settings have you been using before you installed this card onto your mobo? Was there a card previously in your PC (e.g. nvidia or something) or have you been using iGPU? And last, but not least: Which bootflags have you tried (please list all the combinations)?

I don't have the card, but would like to help though :) Are you also using a custom DSDT and/or SSDT? If so, what's patched? Have you edited your DSDT and/or SSDT (if necessary)?

Sorry guys.
I punched out and returned it.

Performance in my use cases on the windows side sucked, so I decided to not bother for now.

May revisit this when 10.10 is out with native support with no tinkering, but for now I'm out.

Sorry guys.
I punched out and returned it.

Performance in my use cases on the windows side sucked, so I decided to not bother for now.

May revisit this when 10.10 is out with native support with no tinkering, but for now I'm out.

What sucked exactly? I would really like to know, because I may get this card.

What sucked exactly? I would really like to know, because I may get this card.

Super specific to my needs, but it wasn't great for Prepar3d & X-Plane on Win 8.1 (relative to the 780ti and Titan Black).

Drivers were just behaving odd. I'm sure the 290x is a great card - Just didn't work well enough for the hyper specific thing I was doing.

Super specific to my needs, but it wasn't great for Prepar3d & X-Plane on Win 8.1 (relative to the 780ti and Titan Black).

Drivers were just behaving odd. I'm sure the 290x is a great card - Just didn't work well enough for the hyper specific thing I was doing.

Nice stuff you have there! Too bad the performance wasn't that good. Maybe the Windows drivers also still need some polishing. Thanks for the post, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back