i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi to the community.

I am proudly building up my first hackintosh thanks to the great advices I found on this forum, thanks everyone and thanks tonymac for making this !

I install Mas Os Sierra with the update on this configuration with no issues except with the graphic part. The card is recognize by the system but it shows 0 mo instead of 4 Gb in the description which is quite annoying because I don't know if the graphic card work properly. I install the right version of the nvidia web drivers and copy the right line the config.plist but the problem is still on, and was there also before the update.

Here is the configuration :

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU : Core i7-6700K 4,0ghz
Ventirad : Noctua NH-U12S
Power : Corsair RM 650 Watt

Graphic Card Nvidia : EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4goddr5
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2 x 16go DDR4 2400
SSD : Samsung 850 PRO 1to for Datas
Samsung 850 PRO 256go for system

Wifi : TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter N 450
Box : FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R5 BLACK

It also seemed that I have trouble with Wifi which looks a little unstable but it may be my private connection. But if you heard something about that regarding the TP Link card I'll be glad to know.

Many thanks for your help !
Claire-Lise

Have a look at our Graphics Troubleshooting Guide:
System Profiler shows 0MB VRAM
This is usually caused by having GraphicsEnabler=Yes when using Chameleon/Chimera or Inject/NVidia/True when using Clover. Change it to No or False respectively and you should see the proper VRAM.

Hi Fl0r!an, I've got another problem and I'm not able to fix it with the tutorials. HDMI is not working on the graphic card so I can't use double screen. But i can't find in the config plist the part to modify : GraphicsEnabler is not present on the file, so I don't know what to modify or what to add (where and which form) at config plist to make it work. i'm note very confortable with this kind of coding. Thanks for helping.

Just understood that graphicsenabler is not for clover... So I did install the web driver, put the flag nvda_drv=1 in boot arguments and also ppassed false and the inject nvidia drivers in the config.plist but still note working. What can I do ? Thank you

Hi Fl0r!an,
I am looking for help because I still have trouble to fix HDMI & DP problem with my GTX 960 card with Sierra : only the 1 DVI port is working and not the others (HDMI and DP) but I need it to put a second monitor (HDMI or DP). I'am on sierra 10.12.1 with the last version of Nvidia webdrivers (works fine with one monitor) and config 14,2 on multibeast
I used the Nvidia Web driver, I edit the config.plist to disable the inject nvidia and put true at the nvidia webdriver. I edit also the flag in the boot arguments, enable the CSM Support and tried to plug the second monitor after complete boot but nothing worked. I tried several port & cable on each screen but still the same result, the DVI port is the only one working unfortnately.

Is there any known solution for that ?
I'am on sierra 10.12.1 with the last version of Nvidia webdrivers (works fine) and config 14,2 on multibeast.
I'll upload my config.plist on the attached file here if you can have a look.

thx for helping.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 238
Hi Fl0r!an,
I am looking for help because I still have trouble to fix HDMI & DP problem with my GTX 960 card with Sierra : only the 1 DVI port is working and not the others (HDMI and DP) but I need it to put a second monitor (HDMI or DP). I'am on sierra 10.12.1 with the last version of Nvidia webdrivers (works fine with one monitor) and config 14,2 on multibeast
I used the Nvidia Web driver, I edit the config.plist to disable the inject nvidia and put true at the nvidia webdriver. I edit also the flag in the boot arguments, enable the CSM Support and tried to plug the second monitor after complete boot but nothing worked. I tried several port & cable on each screen but still the same result, the DVI port is the only one working unfortnately.

Is there any known solution for that ?
I'am on sierra 10.12.1 with the last version of Nvidia webdrivers (works fine) and config 14,2 on multibeast.
I'll upload my config.plist on the attached file here if you can have a look.

thx for helping.

Remove the nvda _drv=1 from your boot arguments.

Remove the nvda _drv=1 from your boot arguments.
Thanks for your answer but I tried a dozen time with or without the boot argument and it changed nothing.
Thanks anyway, I'm still stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back