Contribute
Register

VRAM at 5mb in Intel HD Graphics 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I used the configuration you suggested it started to boot up, but froze and left me with a blank screen before I got to the sign-in screen. I found that I can inject intel graphics if I use the ig configuration 0x01620005, but I’m still left with the VRAM problem.
Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0

image.jpg
When I make those changes to the config.plist it gets stuck here, @BreBo.

When I make those changes to the config.plist it gets stuck here
Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

I did that and I’m still getting stuck there. Is it because I am using VGA? It seems to have been working fine up till now (apart from the VRAM issue). I also don’t seem to have DVMT in my BIOS. Is there a way to trick the computer into thinking it is not a VGA connection, @BreBo?

@P1LGRIM, I tried not injecting intel and no ig ID but I got 3mb on my HP Probook 640 G1 Haswell i5. However, I use fakepciidkexts for wifi and intel graphics HD fixes. I will test on my Desktop i7 4790K.

Are you using DSDT or SSDT or any other fixes? System Definition?

Its not working for my 4790K either.

View attachment 341261

With inject Intel and ig 0x0a260006

View attachment 341263

Sorry, I missed the edit to your post :

HD 4600.png

No DSDT and no SSDT.

I did that and I’m still getting stuck there. Is it because I am using VGA? It seems to have been working fine up till now (apart from the VRAM issue). I also don’t seem to have DVMT in my BIOS. Is there a way to trick the computer into thinking it is not a VGA connection, @BreBo?
Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Serial.png

Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).
You could try an active DVI to VGA adaptor.

In Mojave my HD 4600 graphics are supported natively - No injection or ig platform 0x0a260006 required - YMMV.

Hi Could you please tell me if that will be also for laptops with intel hd 4600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back