Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Village Idiot Looking for Help (Sapphire RX 580 Black Screen Saga)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFI folder must go in the EFI volume (partition) in the container where macOS is installed.

ABOUT TO GPU ACCELERATION ...

I am very excited and surprised at the resolution of the problem. I have an OLD PC with:
-Operating System is MacOs Mojave (the last update of this).
-Motherboard: MSI P55-GD65, 8 Gb RAM DD3.
-A fairly old Intel i5 family: 1 processor, Nehalem -> of course no graph integrated(Built-In).
-PCI Express x2 (1 slot of motherboard): An ATI Shafire RX 580 Pulse 8GB DDR5 graphics card. (5 outputs:(2) DisplayPorts, (2) HDMI, (1) DVI.

My first problem was that all the outputs did not work, for which I had to make a series of changes In Clover Configuration : removing the WhatEverGreen for other/kexts. And then Clover ->Graphics-> I put FB NAME = Orinoco, activate Inject ATI (yes), video ports = 5, the rest in blank, and remove RadeonDeInit without activating.
-Clover-> kernel and kexts patcher -> kexts to patch: I have used the framebuffer Orinoco with my outpus configuration hexadecimal sequence in Find (hex) and then I have replaced the hexadecimal in replace (hex) with 0 activated, acting on the kext AMD9500Controller.
with this I managed to work with all the outputs, with some annoyance disabling WEG. Im ussing this documentation -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...en-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/page-4#post-1906898
I have not got the graphic acceleration yet, I am at work, this afternoon I will try to make changes to make it work. Im ussing the app VIDEOPROC--> https://www.videoproc.com/ to check my acceleration, and the executable VDADecoderChecker: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/post-install/drm.html
in the properties section, the lucky ones are allowed to use H.264 & HEVC to encode and decode videos. It notifies us of the availability in our system.

I have attached information about the bios of my ATI Sphafire Pulse Radeon: RX 580 8GB DDR5:
ATOM BIOS Rom:
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1da2 SubsystemID: 0xe353
IOBaseAddress: 0xa000
Filename: 353Y6SFC.O6B
BIOS Bootup Message:
E353 Polaris20 XTX A1 GDDR5 256Mx32 8GB

continuing ...
In Clover-> Boot -> Arguments: agdpmod=pikera keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 shikigva=80
In Clover -> devices / Propieties: FakeId for value ATI and put 0x0
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <-- I got the value of My Personal PCiExpress GPU by DPCIManager. Do I need to connect to the first PCIe on the motherboard?
<dict>
<key>@0,name </key>
<string>ATY,Orinoco</string>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Slot-1</string>
<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>
<data>32c=</data> -> HEX VALUE: DF67 < - With app Hackintool obtain other value 0xAAF0 "Device".
<key> ATY, EFIVersion </key>
<data> MDEuMDEuMTkw </data> -> hex: 30312e30312e313930 Is this value always the same or does it depend on the graph!!!!!?
An interesting question where you get these values from.

<key> ATY, VendorID </key>
<data> AhA = </data> -> HEXADECIMAL VALUE: 0210 -> In Hackintool obtain different value HEX: 0x1002
<key> model </key>
<string> AMD Radeon RX 580 </string>
This found with <string>iMac14,2</string> model of SMBIOS ... It should be that model to be able to use acceleration, if we use flags "shikigva=80"

In kexts/other=WhatEverGreen,Lilu,Shiki.kext for running flag shikigva=80 , and VirtualSMC ...
-According to documentation (Shiki.kext) , the use of this kext is no longer obsolete by WEG.

I have seen that Clover-> Graphics, ATI Graphics injection is disabled, and RadeonDeInit value, I suppose WhatEverG takes care of this.
I imagine that with this I will get it to appear as a PCIE device in my components too. DPCIManager,Apple system information.
This afternoon I will dispel my doubts, if the graphic acceleration works, and if all the outputs work, 2 DP, 2 HDMI, 1 VDI, thanks to the community.

THANK YOU !!!!!

Last edited:
I think I managed to put the efi partition in the right position but when I start the pc from the hdd clover I get this.

it is the first time that I start it from the hdd and not from the stick.
is it right that it is so long?
I have been starting it for about 1 hour

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_121225.jpg
    IMG_20200630_121225.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 43
The EFI folder must go in the EFI volume (partition) in the container where macOS is installed.
:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((. my graphic acceleration does not work, I have tried to compare the last config.plist that you have passed to the companion to solve the graphic acceleration without success, I have got it to detect me in About this Mac-> PCI, the device and use the orinoco framebuffer, but nothing of the graphic acceleration.
I have detected a new problem for some reason, I suspect that due to ATY, EFIVersion, or another reason that I am not aware of, my graphics card detects 6 outputs, with framebuffer=Orinoco, and also it has changed the boot kexts instead of starting /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext, now load the:
AMDSupport.kext, I just suppose it must be because the EFIVersion value is not correct, I have been investigating but I don't know how to get it out ...
I have tried different boot flags for the GPU and without much success ....
Another question that does not know if it influences is the placement of the graphic in the slot of the board, this must be the first PCIe or it is worth it to be another different position ... I don't know what I connect it with the motherboard.
Any help would be welcome and I could prepare a guide for the community thanks.
P.D: The EFI folder also contains the system tables generated by Clover when you hit F4 at startup. Searching in Google, I have seen people who modify them but I do not see capable.
If someone can enlighten me on how you would do with boards instead of Clover, please put some minimal help.
MANY THANKS.
CONTINUATION ...
DAY 01/07/2020:

Reading more documentation from the page:
I have made an important modification due to the fact that I do not have internal Gpu in microprocessor, disabled all ACPI renames: change GFX0 to IGPU, change PEG0 to GFX0, change HECI to IMEI, etc. I have managed to get the Orinoco framebuffer to 5 outputs, which are the real ones instead of 6 ...
I have also tried to try to start with the "config.plist" that the user has modified
Namok88, but I have not been successful with the acceleration, the outputs despite being 5, only 2 DisplayPorts work. I can't get graphic acceleration

Attachments

• ATI-GPU-ROM.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 40
  • config.plist
    11.1 KB · Views: 45
  • EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 34
  • DSDT_VIDEO.aml
    29.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.