Contribute
Register

Video editing as small as possible

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys

I currently own a Hackintosh build upon a gigabyte Z97-HD3 it's great but big. I have had some problems with USB 3.0 and as a video editor that's a no go.

I, therefore want to change my motherboard to a setup as small as possible, with USB 3.0 working straight out of the box, and with Sierra working as smooth as possible.
If you guys have some suggestions to a small and minimalistic cabinet, that fits a full-size graphic card (GTX960) that would be more than welcome as well.

I hope you guys can help me out, cheers from Denmark :)

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Z170x - UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys

I currently own a Hackintosh build upon a gigabyte Z97-HD3 it's great but big. I have had some problems with USB 3.0 and as a video editor that's a no go.

I, therefore want to change my motherboard to a setup as small as possible, with USB 3.0 working straight out of the box, and with Sierra working as smooth as possible.
If you guys have some suggestions to a small and minimalistic cabinet, that fits a full-size graphic card (GTX960) that would be more than welcome as well.

I hope you guys can help me out, cheers from Denmark :)
Perhaps try the Z170X - UD3, its what I use and I edit video on FCPX and Motion 5 and there are no problems with USB 3.0. Hope this helps!!!

what about a mini version. Is there a mini build that can support a graphics card?

Motherboard
Z77MX
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have had some problems with USB 3.0 and as a video editor that's a no go.
Apple has introduced some restrictions on USB ports in El Capitan and they still live in Sierra. Those restriction are based on the Mac Model you as a hackintosher have to set in your SMBIOS....your motherboard might not matter much if Apple restricts those ports.. Hint .. MacMini6,2 has no port restrictions