Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys

I currently own a Hackintosh build upon a gigabyte Z97-HD3 it's great but big. I have had some problems with USB 3.0 and as a video editor that's a no go.

I, therefore want to change my motherboard to a setup as small as possible, with USB 3.0 working straight out of the box, and with Sierra working as smooth as possible.
If you guys have some suggestions to a small and minimalistic cabinet, that fits a full-size graphic card (GTX960) that would be more than welcome as well.

I hope you guys can help me out, cheers from Denmark :)

Hey guys

I currently own a Hackintosh build upon a gigabyte Z97-HD3 it's great but big. I have had some problems with USB 3.0 and as a video editor that's a no go.

I, therefore want to change my motherboard to a setup as small as possible, with USB 3.0 working straight out of the box, and with Sierra working as smooth as possible.
If you guys have some suggestions to a small and minimalistic cabinet, that fits a full-size graphic card (GTX960) that would be more than welcome as well.

I hope you guys can help me out, cheers from Denmark :)
Perhaps try the Z170X - UD3, its what I use and I edit video on FCPX and Motion 5 and there are no problems with USB 3.0. Hope this helps!!!

what about a mini version. Is there a mini build that can support a graphics card?

I have had some problems with USB 3.0 and as a video editor that's a no go.
Apple has introduced some restrictions on USB ports in El Capitan and they still live in Sierra. Those restriction are based on the Mac Model you as a hackintosher have to set in your SMBIOS....your motherboard might not matter much if Apple restricts those ports.. Hint .. MacMini6,2 has no port restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back