Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58
CPU
Xeon W3520
Graphics
Nvidia 1060
Hey. I got curious and wanted to install High Sierra on an old workstation using OPencore 0.6.8. I can get to the installation page fine but can't get any input from USB or PS/2. I have tried USBInjectall, XHCI-unsupported, tried the kernel patch on Opencore's site, double-checked my BIOS, usbmousedxe.efi, changing USB ports but nothing works. All my input devices go off immediately the MacOS verbose shows up. I even tried rebuilding my SSDTs but still, nothing works. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

HP Z400
Xeon W3520 (Nehalem)
GTX 1060

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
Hey. I got curious and wanted to install High Sierra on an old workstation using OPencore 0.6.8. I can get to the installation page fine but can't get any input from USB or PS/2. I have tried USBInjectall, XHCI-unsupported, tried the kernel patch on Opencore's site, double-checked my BIOS, usbmousedxe.efi, changing USB ports but nothing works. All my input devices go off immediately the MacOS verbose shows up. I even tried rebuilding my SSDTs but still, nothing works. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

HP Z400
Xeon W3520 (Nehalem)
GTX 1060
enable XhciPortLimit

Hey. Thanks for the feedback. This is actually quite fun and your awesome

Hey. Thanks for the feedback. This is actually quite fun and your awesome

Hi there.

For what it is worth I'm noticing that this happens a lot recently - not just your hardware and not just High Sierra.

It seems to be happening with OpenCore 0.6.7 and 0.6.8 - from my experience - with High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. If I boot a SATA drive I can get to the login screen before the USB ports become inactive stopping just prior to password entry. With a USB boot then I don't get so far but same problem, USB is gone again.

Sorry I don't know the answer but 0.6.8 and a fake CPU ID seems most reliable way to progress further. I spoof my Comet Lake CPU as Coffee Lake etc. The correct device-ID for the USB doesn't help unfortunately.

System-definitions need care too. You probably need MacPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back