8800GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I successfully installed 10.9 on my machine, gigabyte one. I managed to boot inside the Mavericks installation (where from I'm writing now) with the help of the USB install drive.
After booting, i managed to fix the CMOS not to restart every time.
Now i'm facing the problem that I'm not able to boot directly from the HDD where i installed Mavericks.
I always have to boot from the USB drive (i mean the unibeast created USB drive with the installer on it) and then select the Mavericks partition from the HDD, and hit enter after writing the flags.
I installed the latest chimera from the Mavericks Multibeast, also tried with the chimera v2 from the Mountain Lion Multibeast, also tried with the chimera standalone installer but when i try to boot directly from the HDD where is Mavericks installed I'm not able because no boot loader starting.
I thought if the USB can boot then on the USB is something that makes it to boot. I copied the entire /Extra from the USB to the HDD volume with Mavericks installed but didn't solved the problem.

I need some help in what files i need, or what chimera i need to be able to boot directly from the HDD and don't use the USB boot loader anymore.

Please if someone is facing the same problem post here!

Boot to your Mavericks using the USB. Delete the /extra folder from your HD. Install Chimera to your Mavericks drive from the latest Multibeast for MAVERICKS. Reboot, what exactly do you see when you try this? Can you take a picture of the screen where it (presumably) hangs?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
It seems I fixed the problem by installing Mavericks alone on a separate hdd.
The problem was that chimera won't appear at booting and computer automatically select the next boot drive, the USB in this case.
After installing on a separate disc chimera works like gloves!
again thanks a lot and I appreciate this big community!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back