Contribute
Register

Upgrading from 6700K to 7700K Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just upgraded from 6700K to 7700K and here are some benchmark differences:

(6700K vs 7700K)
Geekbench: 18407 vs 20243 (quite noticeable difference - 9.9%)
Cinebench: 877 vs 963 (quite noticeable difference - 9.8%)
Luxmark: 2207 vs 2285 (the less noticeable difference)

So a 10% difference is not bad. I will try some encoding and post the results.

You do not overclock the processors, I believe? If you overclock your 6700K to same frequency (4.2G) as the 7700K, then you should find that their performance are almost the same.

You do not overclock the processors, I believe? If you overclock your 6700K to same frequency (4.2G) as the 7700K, then you should find that their performance are almost the same.
Yes, You are right, I avoid overclocking, as I find it to be too complicated and risky. I have enough of load with all the hackintoshing problems that are to be solved. My desire is to have fully functional system without random crashes, which I have not at this time ... and with all the components running at their default capacity, which I didn't achieve either. My GPU is weirdly slow compared to the same hardware in the hands of other users. Now I would like to find out how to enable the hardware HEVC H.265 encoding for this CPU and my Radeon RX580. This could be a very good combo for this purpose but at this time these features are not working ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back