Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have upgraded from 10.8.4 to 10.9 and am having issues with Sleep and Shutdown. System will not sleep properly nor shut down completely. I have tried BIOS adjustments and Multibeast configurations. At a loss as how to fix.

Customac System
Z77-UD5H
Corsair Vengance 16GB
Crucial M4 256 SSD
Intel4000

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Successfully updated from 10.8.5 to 10.9! It was easy except that iMessage was a pain.

Specs:

• GA-Z77X-UD5H
  • Intel Core i5-3570K
  • 8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
  • PNY NVIDIA GTX 660ti
  • SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD (OS X Install)
  • SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD (Windows 7 Install)
  • 3 TB SATA Disk (Mac Storage)
  • 3 TB SATA Disk (Windows Storage)
  • 1 TB SATA Disk (500gb for additional Mac Storage, and 500gb for additional Windows Storage)
  • Corsair 850 Watt
  • Edimax EW-7822UAC Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter
  • TP Link TL-WDN4800 (used to use)

The actual install went very smoothly. I created the Unibeast disk, installed over the 10.8.5 disk, and it had no problems. It took a little bit for the screen to load. It hung on a white screen and then a grey screen for a bit before getting to the install, but otherwise there weren't any problems.

The PNY NVIDIA GTX 660ti worked right out of the box.

Audio worked (repaired permissions before running Multibeast) and so did everything else.

I actually stopped using the TP Link (kept it attached but disabled wifi in OS X and Windows) to use the Edimax EW-7822UAC to get AC speeds from my new Airport Extreme a few weeks ago.

To TRY and prevent iMessage problems, I finally removed the TL-WDN4800 from my computer before installing 10.9.

Unfortunately iMessage was a pain. I installed the latest version of Chimera off of her but got the message saying that it could not sign me in.

I then downloaded the latest version of "FileNVRAM.dylib" from insanely Mac as well as the latest version of the Chameleon Bootloader.

After that, I was told that I could not be signed in at the time at to contact customer support and they gave me a code.

After changing my Apple ID password it worked out.

I'm sad that it took that much to get iMessage to work. It's a bit of a hassle since I cannot change my Apple ID password back to the original for a whole year and now I need to update my information on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook as well.

Besides that, this was a very easy install.

I had the issue where shutting down would just cause the machine to restart. If that is the issue, be sure to disable "Wake on LAN" in the bios settings.

If you're having sleep issues, I THINK typing "darkwake=0" or something for sleep issues. Someone correct me if I'm wrong since I have not have that issue personally.

I have upgraded from 10.8.4 to 10.9 and am having issues with Sleep and Shutdown. System will not sleep properly nor shut down completely. I have tried BIOS adjustments and Multibeast configurations. At a loss as how to fix.

Customac System
Z77-UD5H
Corsair Vengance 16GB
Crucial M4 256 SSD
Intel4000

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Make sure you don't have a profile set up for your memory frequency. That was one of my problems before I got sleep working.

Also, Not quiet sure if HD 4000 makes a difference, but I had to disabled my iGfx for sleep to work with my GTX 660. I used it when booting into videos for Intel Quick Sync and Virtu.

Made the upgrade and now my external dac and soundcard hens from USB and firewire is not working. They are listed in the audiolist, but there is no soundcontroller.

Is this a problem in Mavericks or on the software from my dac producers ? (They have not yet upgraded their software to be compatible with 10.9.

My green port works just fine under ML should I upgrade to Mavericks seems according to you this is wrong, must be something wrong with my motherboard. Don't want to break sound that for some reason is working when it shouldn't. :)

Or could be you just don't know what your talking about.

What board revision do you have?

Which settings did you choose in Multibeast? I keep having black screen after apple boot logo. (

In your original post, you had GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Try with "No". I think you have a GTX 670 so that should fix your video. If you already have this set on boot, you need to override it in Chameleon before boot.

Make sure you reinstall your DSDT that worked for me. Also reinstall your network driver. Hope that helps.

May I ask what for are using dsdt on this board?

To people with Audio problems, the below (and attached) multibeast configuration seems to have resolved my sound/ audio issues.

It would appear to be the i7 processor. Resetting the System Definition has worked for Jojoxman and me, so hopefully it'll work for you.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...grade-mavericks-build-list-issues-solved.html

I've attached the Multibeast .mb file should you wish to download and load it as Jojoxman has suggested.

Attachments

• 131029_MultiBeast.mb
    5.6 KB · Views: 282
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back