Contribute
Register

Updating Mavericks 10.9: GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues with USB 3.0? I tried installing GenericUSBXHCI and still can't use my USB 3.0 external in the rear USB ports. It does work in the front ports at USB 2.0. The thing is, in ML they worked fine and the front ports were 3.0. I'm just kind of stumped. Otherwise the install went well.

Shox01, I think you are referring to your other post where you were trying to get the headphone audio port (the green one) to work. Toleda replied that it would be unlikely to work as it did not work in Mountain Lion. I replied and explained that toleda was referring to a known problem with the Z77X-UD5H where the green headphone port does not work with OSX. I also outlined various other solutions that you could use.

I think that maybe English is not your first language so excuse me if I have got that wrong. Here it is in as simple a way as I can think of.

You will not get the green audio connector at the back of the motherboard to work - it does not work with OSX.
The other ports will work - I have used the black one before.
Another solution would be to use the Optical Audio out.
Yet another solution if you want a headphone solution is to use USB headphones.

I currently use HDMI audio - I have made a DSDT following instructions linked to in my previous post (written by toleda on enabling HDMI audio on EUFI boards). So my audio comes via the HDMI lead to my monitor which has speakers. I also use USB headphones whenever I want headphones.

So the 898 drivers in Multibeast 6.0 work fine the only problem is that the green port does not work and on these boards will not ever work on OSX.

I hope I have explained that in a way you can understand. :thumbup:

My green port works just fine under ML should I upgrade to Mavericks seems according to you this is wrong, must be something wrong with my motherboard. Don't want to break sound that for some reason is working when it shouldn't. :)

Or could be you just don't know what your talking about.

So, I've been reading through this thread over and over again and so many people are saying they have no issues after upgrading to mavericks except AppStore and iMessage. I have the same issue and cannot seem to resolve with any of the suggested fixes. However, I also have issues with playing DRM on iTunes (10.7 or 11.0.1 or 11.1).

Here is what I'm experiencing:
AppStore:
- Try logging in, "An unknown error has occurred"
- After fixing the previous, try installing purchased apps: "/App/ failed to download. Please try again" (does not get past 0kb downloaded)
iTunes:
- Can log into iTunes Store just fine
- Try playing SD DRM video purchased from iTunes, Authorize pop-up and log in for authorization is fine...says "This computer is already authorized" but nothing plays back at all just a black screen with the controls....once I exit the video and click on it again to play, the authorization pop-up comes up again (this happens on all versions of iTunes in 32-bit mode on OS X 10.9)

Here is my set up:
intel i5 3750k
GTX 650 TI
Gigabyte Z77-UD5H
TPN-4800
(i don't have ethernet in the room my hack is located)

Here is what I've tried:
- Deleting the networkinterfaces.plist (same iTunes issue)
- if done from an update, my wifi cannot connect to the internet
- if done on a clean install, resolves the AppStore login (works on iCloud and iMessage too)
- Various Multibeast configuration installs (same iTunes issue)
- Clean install and tested itunes before Multibeast (same iTunes issue)
- Upgrade from ML 10.8.5 and only update Chimera (same iTunes issue)

I'd really like to be one of the success stories of this thread with installing Mavericks, but I won't be able to say that until I can AT LEAST have my iTunes and AppStore working that way i NEED it.

Please help me!

I have the Thunderbolt version.

Followed the Mavericks guide, but chose update option instead of clean install. Everything went exactly like it should. Ran Multibeast 6.0 and loaded the following drivers and options:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d Drivers
Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Drop SSDT
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

I generated a new SSDT to support my overclock to 4.6 Ghz and confirmed the clock rates with HW Monitor and benchmarks.

The only problem I ran into was iMessage login would not work. I changed my Apple account password and that fixed the login. I did not have the problem when I upgraded my MB Air to Mavericks.

Lastly, since I don't have a wifi adapter installed, the maps auto location is not available. Since I don't carry around my water cooled 40 lb workstation, I could care less. I just bookmarked my home address and voila, issue solved and all other maps features work. The send to iPhone is pretty cool.

One last word of advice. On both my Hack and MB Air, the Mavericks installer got stuck on "Less than one minute" phase of install for at least 10-15 min. If you see this, don't reboot! It will eventually finish.

Used your settings and everything worked out perfectly, it was my first time i've ever tried install osx as well, thanks so much!

p.s: used AppleHDA.ktext and HDAEnabler1.kext from z87x ud3h from on google, only black port and digital out work though.

As I mentioned in my previous post I have successfully upgraded my ML system to Mavericks. But – as it eventually turned out – not without problems.

The upgrade itself went smoothly without any glitches. I prepared my Unibeast stick and proceeded with upgrade installing the new system over ML – not the clean install!

I had previously installed the newest Chimera though, following somebody’s advice.

Then I used Mutibeast with minimalistic changes: sound and LAN. Booted to the new system and everything seemed to be working fine. No problems with the messages or App Store probably due to the lack of Wi-Fi in my system.

But eventually the sleep problem appeared: my keyboard (USB) wouldn’t wake up and sometimes my monitor followed the example.

First I tried to upgrade my BIOS from F14 to the latest F15 – but all I got in result was silver screen with spinning wheel. I hastily returned to my F14 and could get the system again but the sleep still wouldn’t work. I tried fussing with darkwake values – but in vain.

Eventually I tweaked the BIOS following somebody’s advice:

- I disabled XMP
- XHCI – smart auto
- EHCI Hands Off - Disabled

I had turned Wake On Lan off before and as I use solely my GTX 660 I turned off the on board graphics – I’m not sure if it’s necessary. And it did the trick. Both manual and auto sleep is now working flawlessly.

Two other common issues:
- my sound works out of the green port as it had in my previous ML system – probably due to my mobo is ver. 1.1;
- iLife, iWork upgrade – I was able to upgrade only after having changed my primary language to English and my Region to US in System Preferences.

As it now seems my system works perfectly well.

Anyone has any ideas why after installed multibeast, restarting, the screen has apple logo and loading, the monitor just give me black screen? I have gigabyte ud5h rev1.0, core i7 3770k, and gtx 670 4gb SC. I chose the basic settings like most people in this thread but no luck.

Wi-fi is having trouble. I connect fine, but my Wi-Fi speed grinds to a halt very quickly, I get a burst for a second or two initially of normal speed when it first connects, but then next to nothing. This morning I am getting about 1/6th my regular speed. Upload is working about normal.

I have a TP-Link 4800 Wifi Atheros AR8161 , with Multibeast 6.0 Atheros drivers installed.

What I have done:
Tried other devices around the house all work well.
2. Removed devices from Network settings in System Preferences. Rebooted and readied them.
3. Removed networks from preferred networks. Rebooted and readied them.

What I am considering but need advice:
1. Change my drivers to hank's, apple, or the other not Atheros?
2. Change my mac id to mac mini, last time I changed to mac pro 15,1 and it bombed, had to reinstall everything.
3. Take out the Wifi card and reseat it? I am not sure what procedure I should follow - plug and play or do I have to reinstall drivers?

Anyone have thoughts on these or advice of their own?

i did a clean install using unibeast 3.0 and the new multi beast.
All working (sleep, auto sleep, i message, apple store, wifi sound)

Only strange thing is that i can not watch any Video/TV trailer in itunes store. The player
just shows black screen ??

Any ideas ?

i did a clean install using unibeast 3.0 and the new multi beast.
All working (sleep, auto sleep, i message, apple store, wifi sound)

Only strange thing is that i can not watch any Video/TV trailer in itunes store. The player
just shows black screen ??

Any ideas ?
Which settings did you choose in Multibeast? I keep having black screen after apple boot logo. (

iMessage, Mac App Store and audio form the green port works for me without any issues.
So you just made a Mavericks USB, chose the upgrade option and everything worked OTB? No multibeast or upgrading to the new chameleon first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back