Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU
Xeon X5660
Graphics
GTX 670
Hi,

I can't seem to be able to update Clover bootloader in any way than installing it from Multibeast tool. Updating has so far resulted in a head-first system crash upon appearance of white apple logo loading screen. With Multibeast, this does not happen, and the system starts up fine.

I actually updated Clover through Multibeast Sierra Edition, despite using El Capitan.

What does Multibeast do differently?

The Clover installer in MultiBeast is preconfigured with all the required options pre-selected to eliminate any potential install issues.

Okay, thanks. So my existing configuration doesn't carry over to the updated version? What can I do to battle this inconvenience and still update my system? I've tried to update from package and set relevant otpions while doing so, with no luck whatsoever.

I've shot a picture of the error message, and it seems to be related to USB, com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCIPCI(1.0.1). If I disable all USB functions, the systems boots up fine. I can't use my keyboard and mouse though.

Here's a pic.

UPDATES: Any BIOS settings did not affect the problem, except disabling USB entirely. If I disable EHCI handoff I get another kind of error messages as well, but that's not the issue here. I've tried everything, no success there. So the fix should be somewhere else.

Made sure XHCIDxe-64 was installed and tried removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext or whatever was it called from s/l/e, none worked.

Re-installed Clover from package, with relevant options. No result. Compared kexts and drivers from working installation, and adjusted accordingly. No result.

Clover Configurator shows identical settings including fixes, machine specification and boot configuration, in both installations.

I'm lost, don't know where to look for a solution anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back