Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was super easy and worked perfectly, the screen doesn't scramble anymore. Thanks for the help, your guide was amazing! Now I'm just off to figure out iMessage and I will be working 100%.

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you. You'll need to run the patch after each update as the azul.kext is replaced along with audio.

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you. You'll need to run the patch after each update as the azul.kext is replaced along with audio.

I can just run the update from the app store right? Then repatch and fix the audio and be good?

I can just run the update from the app store right? Then repatch and fix the audio and be good?

Yeah thats all you'll need to do, if you have multiple machines then its worth downloading the Combo Update.

I am now running 10.10.2 and it seems to be running pretty good, but I am having an issue when I try to open .mp4 files it freezes. Is anyone else having this issue?

I am now running 10.10.2 and it seems to be running pretty good, but I am having an issue when I try to open .mp4 files it freezes. Is anyone else having this issue?

If these are .mp4 files bought from iTunes this is a known problem throughout 7/8 series motherboards. If these are .mp4 home videos I would suggest taking a look at your graphics. Make sure you have full acceleration. Do you use the Nvidia drivers for your 780? If so you will need to update the nvidia drivers that support OS X 10.10.2. NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Wildwillow, I just had graphics glitch. While I believe it to be a hardware issue, I will still post it here.

Today I was watching a movie, and when I got up I bumped the table with my knee. The screen immediately went black, and I just assumed that computer went to sleep. However, it wouldn't wake, and wouldn't even boot into windows.

I opened the case, and took the graphics card (GTX 660) out then put it back in. The computer finally booted, but I've gotten weird graphic glitches twice already. They look like this:

IMG_20150222_165735.jpg

Something to note is that for the first time, my unibeast usb is not being recognized. No idea if this is a coincidence of not.

I am pretty shocked this is happening, considering how carefully I have assembled this PC...

Is this a graphics card, or RAM issue?

Wildwillow, I just had graphics glitch. While I believe it to be a hardware issue, I will still post it here.

Today I was watching a movie, and when I got up I bumped the table with my knee. The screen immediately went black, and I just assumed that computer went to sleep. However, it wouldn't wake, and wouldn't even boot into windows.

I opened the case, and took the graphics card (GTX 660) out then put it back in. The computer finally booted, but I've gotten weird graphic glitches twice already. They look like this:

View attachment 127617

Something to note is that for the first time, my unibeast usb is not being recognized. No idea if this is a coincidence of not.

I am pretty shocked this is happening, considering how carefully I have assembled this PC...

Is this a graphics card, or RAM issue?

Ouch poor table. How hard did you knock it? I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with your system. To rule out a Ram issue download and run Memtest. As for not recognising attached devices I would consider doing a BIOS reset. You can do this by looking at the manual. There is a five minute wait before giving power back to your system. You'll have to set BIOS accordingly. If the cables to your graphics card or port were slightly disconnected with the knock this can cause problems with drivers crashing hence your system looking like it went to sleep.

After you reset the BIOS if the problem still persists try another port from your graphics card. Other than that I don't have any other suggestions.

Ouch poor table. How hard did you knock it? I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with your system. To rule out a Ram issue download and run Memtest. As for not recognising attached devices I would consider doing a BIOS reset. You can do this by looking at the manual. There is a five minute wait before giving power back to your system. You'll have to set BIOS accordingly. If the cables to your graphics card or port were slightly disconnected with the knock this can cause problems with drivers crashing hence your system looking like it went to sleep.

After you reset the BIOS if the problem still persists try another port from your graphics card. Other than that I don't have any other suggestions.
I unplugged my graphics card and plugged it back in. Seems to be working fine now. I did memtest and passed. I didn't even hit the table that hard. Weird that the gpu/computer malfunctioned from a small shake.

Dear wildwillow,

thanks for this guide. I did a clean reinstall of the latest OS and my Build seems to work very stable for the first time (with half the ram (16gb) at least, will test it fully loaded asap).

BUT there ist still something wrong with the boot process.
I get this screen every time after starting the system:
IMG_1375.jpg

and after i hit enter the system often hangs it self on the grey loading screen with the apple logo.

So at the moment the only way i can enter the OS is with flags. I already tried to change the Boot-sequence with no success. Can you help me?

Thanks, Matthias

Dear wildwillow,

thanks for this guide. I did a clean reinstall of the latest OS and my Build seems to work very stable for the first time (with half the ram (16gb) at least, will test it fully loaded asap).

BUT there ist still something wrong with the boot process.
I get this screen every time after starting the system:
View attachment 128770

and after i hit enter the system often hangs it self on the grey loading screen with the apple logo.

So at the moment the only way i can enter the OS is with flags. I already tried to change the Boot-sequence with no success. Can you help me?

Thanks, Matthias

Hi Matthias,

So you have the 760 installed and half the amount of ram, you are currently using 2 x 8GB in the correct dual channels? What options have you selected in MultiBeast and how have you set your BIOS? for example, HDD/SSD boot priority, graphics priority. Chimera can not boot UEFI, it has to be legacy, So either P0 or P1 for your installation drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back