Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also updated to 10.10.2. Only the TRIM patch and AUDIO drivers needed to be re-applied.
I have no external GFX though.

I'm having an interesting behavior with the z87x-OC motherboard when trying to clean install Yosemite 10.10.1 I have to boot to the installer in verbose mode, and after the text stops my screen goes to a scramble color of blue green red black and white pixels, but leaving it for a minute got me to the installer and I was able to install it. Once installed I followed your guide for Multibeast. I'm still working on trying to boot without my unibeast flash drive, and so far I haven't figured that out yet. When booting to the OS, I still have to use -v as a boot flag, and i still get the strange scramble color of pixels, I was wondering if this was normal, or if there is something wrong with my install of 10.10.1. I'm relatively new to working with a hackintosh, so any help is greatly appreciated. Your guide has been an awesome help too by the way.

I'm having an interesting behavior with the z87x-OC motherboard when trying to clean install Yosemite 10.10.1 I have to boot to the installer in verbose mode, and after the text stops my screen goes to a scramble color of blue green red black and white pixels, but leaving it for a minute got me to the installer and I was able to install it. Once installed I followed your guide for Multibeast. I'm still working on trying to boot without my unibeast flash drive, and so far I haven't figured that out yet. When booting to the OS, I still have to use -v as a boot flag, and i still get the strange scramble color of pixels, I was wondering if this was normal, or if there is something wrong with my install of 10.10.1. I'm relatively new to working with a hackintosh, so any help is greatly appreciated. Your guide has been an awesome help too by the way.

Hi kurzawa887,

Are you installing with the onboard Intel graphics or the 780? My MultiBeast settings are for the use of both HD4600 and my GT640. How are you connected to your monitor and which monitor are you using. It is important to have the correct MultiBeast and BIOS settings so that graphics injection doesn't conflict.

Hi kurzawa887,

Are you installing with the onboard Intel graphics or the 780? My MultiBeast settings are for the use of both HD4600 and my GT640. How are you connected to your monitor and which monitor are you using. It is important to have the correct MultiBeast and BIOS settings so that graphics injection doesn't conflict.

Ok, first off i pulled the 780 all together and have been using just the integrated graphics for banking on more simplicity to start off. The monitor is connected via HDMI. I followed your post for the bios settings, and multibeast according to my needs, did I miss something to do with the integrated graphics when adding stuff with the multibeast? Everything else seems to be working ok, wifi and sound are good. Still working on fixing the scramble video signal, booting without unibeast drive, and possibly iMessage. I guess I'm stuck with how to do the rest of those.

Edit: And apparently now the occasional kernel panic, maybe this is helpful information about something i did wrong.
Edit 2: I fixed the booting without Unibeast. I might order up a display port cable to determine if the video signal issue is related to HDMI.

Ok, first off i pulled the 780 all together and have been using just the integrated graphics for banking on more simplicity to start off. The monitor is connected via HDMI. I followed your post for the bios settings, and multibeast according to my needs, did I miss something to do with the integrated graphics when adding stuff with the multibeast? Everything else seems to be working ok, wifi and sound are good. Still working on fixing the scramble video signal, booting without unibeast drive, and possibly iMessage. I guess I'm stuck with how to do the rest of those.

Edit: And apparently now the occasional kernel panic, maybe this is helpful information about something i did wrong.
Edit 2: I fixed the booting without Unibeast. I might order up a display port cable to determine if the video signal issue is related to HDMI.

You haven't done anything wrong. Booting using either of the HDMI ports will result in a slight few seconds of snowy screen. The display port is native which will work, yet it doesn't wake after sleep. Alternatively I patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext that fixes the static on boot using the HDMI ports and fixes the wake from sleep using the display port. This is also required for HDMI Audio using the onboard Intel graphics.

You haven't done anything wrong. Booting using either of the HDMI ports will result in a slight few seconds of snowy screen. The display port is native which will work, yet it doesn't wake after sleep. Alternatively I patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext that fixes the static on boot using the HDMI ports and fixes the wake from sleep using the display port. This is also required for HDMI Audio using the onboard Intel graphics.

So if I follow the part of your guide about fixing the audio that might take care of my issue? Also, do you know anything about how to get iMessage to work? Thanks for the quick responses.

So if I follow the part of your guide about fixing the audio that might take care of my issue? Also, do you know anything about how to get iMessage to work? Thanks for the quick responses.

What audio device do you use? If you don't have the need for HDMI audio then just patching the AppleIntelAzulFramebufferAzul.kext will fix the static on start up. For this see this thread HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits , the patch you require will be HD4600+/Azul patch needed is Azul c. Repair permissions and restart and test your booting issue is resolved using your HDMI port. The native Azul.kext will back up to the desktop. Credit for the patch: toleda.

The link from Post#1 for HDMI audio is no longer supported but was at the time of posting. The method is still the same.

As for iMessage the best place to start is here Fix iMessage. Currently there is no simple fix but best to understand the problems by reading jaymonkey's Post#1 and 2.

What audio device do you use? If you don't have the need for HDMI audio then just patching the AppleIntelAzulFramebufferAzul.kext will fix the static on start up. For this see this thread HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits , the patch you require will be HD4600+/Azul patch needed is Azul c. Repair permissions and restart and test your booting issue is resolved using your HDMI port. The native Azul.kext will back up to the desktop. Credit for the patch: toleda.

The link from Post#1 for HDMI audio is no longer supported but was at the time of posting. The method is still the same.

As for iMessage the best place to start is here Fix iMessage. Currently there is no simple fix but best to understand the problems by reading jaymonkey's Post#1 and 2.

I'm just using the built in audio from the back of the motherboard to a pair of headphones. I will try what you suggested with the fix for the static, the no audio for HDMI doesn't bother me because I'm never going to use that. Also I will check into that iMessage thread and see what I can find out. Thanks for the help again!

I'm just using the built in audio from the back of the motherboard to a pair of headphones. I will try what you suggested with the fix for the static, the no audio for HDMI doesn't bother me because I'm never going to use that. Also I will check into that iMessage thread and see what I can find out. Thanks for the help again!

No problem, to run the patch double click on it and enter your password in Terminal. The script takes care of it all for you. Let me know how you get on. If you need any further help let me know.

No problem, to run the patch double click on it and enter your password in Terminal. The script takes care of it all for you. Let me know how you get on. If you need any further help let me know.

That was super easy and worked perfectly, the screen doesn't scramble anymore. Thanks for the help, your guide was amazing! Now I'm just off to figure out iMessage and I will be working 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back