Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
It never did this before. I have the CM Storm Trigger Z, and literally every minute I have been forced to replug the keyboard in order to get it recognized. What's weird is that when this happens, the volume buttons and function keys work.

Suggestion. System Preferences>Keyboard>Change Keyboard Type>Continue and use the key next to Shift to see if the OS can detect the type of keyboard it is. Other than that try and get hold of another keyboard to test. Maybe your keyboard is playing silly buggers.

Suggestion. System Preferences>Keyboard>Change Keyboard Type>Continue and use the key next to Shift to see if the OS can detect the type of keyboard it is. Other than that try and get hold of another keyboard to test. Maybe your keyboard is playing silly buggers.
I have to replug the keyboard in order to to go through the system steps. A few minutes later, it stopped detecting letters and I had to plug it in again.

Next I'll try changing the usb port and see if that does anything, and if that doesn't work I suppose I'm going back to F9c BIOS.

I'm stuck deciding because when I downgraded back to F8 BIOS, the audio has become 100% stable.

thanks for the suggestions i did downgrade and it is more stable but i still get freezes, i could be watching a youtube video and leave for a couple of minutes and its frozen

I'm also experiencing similar freezes, although it has only happened twice in about two days. Once definitely happened while I was watching a youtube video. I should note I use "Profile1" within bios as I use 32 GB 1866 MHz ram. I also use a GTX 760 for duel monitors (both monitors are plugged into the GTX 760). I was initially having quite a bit of trouble upgrading. It would freeze after install during the loading screen with the progress bar under the apple. But playing with the maxmem setting and setting "IGPEnabler" to "No" seems to have solved the problem. My bios is version F3. Perhaps updating to F8 could solve the freezing problem?

Everything else seems to be working great save for those couple of freezes, so thank you! I've played games, streamed netflix fullscreen, and used Adobe software on it without freezes.

hey, i did everything the way you described. but i can't boot from the usb i created with unibeast,
i get the this message:

Can't find /mach_kernel
Press a key to continue...

maybe i did something wrong when i edited the plist? I removed the two lines mentioned in the guide and saved it..

please help.

Freezing issue fixed (see my post above - Switched to default memory profile with no issues for now).

I am experiencing some other issues. One of them is likely sleep + audio related but not sure how yet. ProLogic won't start after a sleep (still pinpointing when it starts). Also using the Nvidia card I am getting rainbow static on Youtube videos. Testing other video players now as well.

Just working out some kinks. I used the Yosemite installation guide so maybe something is lost between WildWillow's Yosemite post and the original front page one.

hey, i did everything the way you described. but i can't boot from the usb i created with unibeast,
i get the this message:

Can't find /mach_kernel
Press a key to continue...

maybe i did something wrong when i edited the plist? I removed the two lines mentioned in the guide and saved it..

please help.

Try setting your USB as first boot priority in the BIOS. Then select your installation drive booting with the necessary flags to reach the desktop to run MultiBeast.

Just working out some kinks. I used the Yosemite installation guide so maybe something is lost between WildWillow's Yosemite post and the original front page one.

My Yosemite installation guide says in the 3rd paragraph, follow the 10.10 installation guide, with a link to the front page. Can't see any difference there.

WildWillow, as always, please update us when you update to 10.10.2!

WildWillow, as always, please update us when you update to 10.10.2!

Updated to 10.10.2 with no problems, just had to re-apply Audio from MultiBeast. Smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back