HD 530 + RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated to Big Sur 11.0.1
Open Core 6.4

New to OC, used pre-compiled Haswell AMLs. Sleep does not work.
Just mapped USB ports and made a custom USBmapping.kext - that now works well.

Its an old build ... but with 32GB RAM and NVME patch for the BIOS - It works quite nice.
Hi, I too have switched to BigSur and OC 6.4 and it works. I have tried repeatedly but I am unable to configure the usb ports correctly. my MB is GA Z87X-ud3h: if you think it can work for me, would you be kind enough to let me have your custom usbport.kext? Thanks in advance

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I would recommend to follow the Dortania USB guide. Its very comprehensive.
I tried and failed to do the mapping twice - but as this guide got updated, I finally succeeded.

Its roughly these steps:

1. use USBInjectAll to get all the USB ports.

2. route the ports EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 to avoid conflicts.

3. use the USBmap tool to identify the ports
This step is possibly a bit confusing - one has to run the tool and it updates itself every 5 seconds and shows the ports. Then one inserts a USB stick into each external ports, as well as possible internal ports of the motherboard.
I used the manual of the mono to determine which ports are USB 3.0 and which USB 2.0. It can also happen that 2 or 4 ports are shown as the same in the tool - this only means that they are on an internal hub of the motherboard. Here, the manual can help as well as it displays the layout of the lanes, etc. to make it more understandable.

4. The tool generates the usbport.kext, which one replaces instead of the USBinjectAll. Also LEAVE the routing of the ports - I did not and ... it broke.

After testing, all ports worked at full speed as advertised. Something I did not manage to do with Clover and Hackintool.

Of course, attached my USBmap.kext - but I doubt it will map your mobo correctly.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 17
Motherboard
MSI Z170A PRO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530 + RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would recommend to follow the Dortania USB guide. Its very comprehensive.
I tried and failed to do the mapping twice - but as this guide got updated, I finally succeeded.

Its roughly these steps:

1. use USBInjectAll to get all the USB ports.

2. route the ports EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 to avoid conflicts.

3. use the USBmap tool to identify the ports
This step is possibly a bit confusing - one has to run the tool and it updates itself every 5 seconds and shows the ports. Then one inserts a USB stick into each external ports, as well as possible internal ports of the motherboard.
I used the manual of the mono to determine which ports are USB 3.0 and which USB 2.0. It can also happen that 2 or 4 ports are shown as the same in the tool - this only means that they are on an internal hub of the motherboard. Here, the manual can help as well as it displays the layout of the lanes, etc. to make it more understandable.

4. The tool generates the usbport.kext, which one replaces instead of the USBinjectAll. Also LEAVE the routing of the ports - I did not and ... it broke.

After testing, all ports worked at full speed as advertised. Something I did not manage to do with Clover and Hackintool.

Of course, attached my USBmap.kext - but I doubt it will map your mobo correctly.
thanks ColdCross,
I did as you told me; I followed the guide of dortania and I finally succeeded!

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Glad to hear about your success!

The Dortania Guide is excellent, from the 6.3 even more understandable than before - and with the necessary tools linked.

I just updated to 11.1 without problems.
It takes about half an hour after a 3.6GB download.

Last edited: