Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm running 10.13.4, how can I update to 10.13.6?
When I upgraded to 10.13.6, I abandoned the use of the Realtek audio option in MultiBeast. Instead, I used the AppleLDA option that now doesn't present the problem of having to run MultiBeast twice.

:ch: Download the 10.13.6 apfs.efi from here. Mount your EFI partition and replace the apfs.efi in the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder.
:ch: Check to see that CodecCommander.kext in /Library/Extensions/ folder is version 2.63. If not, download, unzip, place on the Desktop (make sure no other kexts are on the Desktop) and run KextBeast.
:ch: Download the 10.13.6 Combo Update and run it. It will reboot several times.
:ch: Run MultiBeast v10.4.0 with the following configuration choices (for AMD graphics cards):
:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e <--- Use the latest version
:ch: Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support
:ch: Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
:ch: Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
Note: MultiBeast for High Sierra default System Definition is iMac14,2. I recommend you use the iMac14,2 SysDef for your installation and to get Sierra up and running. You can change it later if need be.​
:ch: Install​
:ch:Upon reaching the Desktop, you should have audio which will survive wake-up from sleep. :thumbup:

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you Stork, finally made it to 10.13.6
I'm having a problem exporting to h264 from Davinci Resolve, would it make it work another system definition?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you Stork, finally made it to 10.13.6
I'm having a problem exporting to h264 from Davinci Resolve, would it make it work another system definition?
Don't know. I recommend you open a thread in the Graphics forum section.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Stork,

I update from 10.12.6 to 10.13.6, it was horrible as you mentioned. And I think my system is not really stable at the moment. How about yours? My Console is full of errors and faults. Could you send me your config plist? Do you you use usbinjectall.kext permanently or you patched it in config.plist? I have the same board, so would be great to check with your config, of course not with the smuuid and so on...

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Stork,

I update from 10.12.6 to 10.13.6, it was horrible as you mentioned. And I think my system is not really stable at the moment. How about yours? My Console is full of errors and faults. Could you send me your config plist? Do you you use usbinjectall.kext permanently or you patched it in config.plist? I have the same board, so would be great to check with your config, of course not with the smuuid and so on...
Let me look at your config.plist. (Remove the SMBIOS serial number before posting.)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Let me look at your config.plist. (Remove the SMBIOS serial number before posting.)
So please find attached my .plist. i use the following 64bit only driver, i completely boot uefi:
ApfsDriverLoader -64.efi
AppleimageLoader-64.efi
FSinect-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi
OSXAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

I use the newst FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E there aswell usbinjectall.kext 0.6.8 and in Clover/EFI/kext/other is only FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausEthernet.kext.

in L/E i have additionaly AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext

In Clover.plist i marked the relevant fields with deleted.

Best Regards

Samuel

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
When you boot into recovery partition, open Terminal and type:

Code:
repairhomepermissions
An OS GUI will open and ask you if you want to repair your home permissions. Are you able to run that successfully?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Would anyone be able to advise why I seem to have a installer appearing in Clover?

I certainly didn’t run “install Mojave”.
Do you have your USB Installation thumb drive plugged in? Come to think of it, you may be reading a container (like a partition) at your Clover Boot screen. What's the complete name?