CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX560
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, Stork and thank for this build guide. I followed your guide to the T. I now have a fully working Hackintosh with this motherboard. The only thing I clicked differently in MultiBeast was the "Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatevergreen" kext. I needed this to get QuickSync working with my two RX560s installed as well. :)
Considering the cost to get into the machine I am more then pleased with the performance. Also, thank you to everyone else that commented on this thread.

Of course now, I have some questions.
1. What is "Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mod + Emulated NVRAM Build"? Is this only for nVidia drivers or could it be used to activate the mSATA port?
2. Is it possible to activate the mSATA port? I go into a boot loop when I try to populate that port and boot from my SSD. If I am using the UniBeast USB, I can still boot in. So, there's gotta be a way to use that port.
3. Has anyone upgraded to Mojave? I have heard great things about it and would like to move on to that version of the OS. I can always stay with High Sierra 10.13.6 for now though.

Again, thank you to everyone that has commented on this thread.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Of course now, I have some questions.
1. What is "Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mod + Emulated NVRAM Build"? Is this only for nVidia drivers or could it be used to activate the mSATA port?
Some motherboards do not preserve NVRAM across boots. Using the above option permits the NVRAM to be preserved. Nvidia drivers use NVRAM.
2. Is it possible to activate the mSATA port? I go into a boot loop when I try to populate that port and boot from my SSD. If I am using the UniBeast USB, I can still boot in. So, there's gotta be a way to use that port.
I haven't use the mSATA port in a long time. (I use to have an external backup drive connected.) Take a look at your UB USB thumb drive's EFI partition contents such as the config.plist and any kexts in .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder. Currently, I'm visiting family for the holidays and don't have access to Thunderball.

3. Has anyone upgraded to Mojave? I have heard great things about it and would like to move on to that version of the OS. I can always stay with High Sierra 10.13.6 for now though.
I don't recommending upgrading to a new macOS until the .3 version is released because then all the major bugs are corrected (long time experience). However, 10.14.2 seems pretty solid. So, you can go for it if you don't have any critical apps or jobs you need to do with macOS.

Again, thank you to everyone that has commented on this thread.
You are welcome. Welcome to Thunderball! :thumbup:

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370-G GAMING (WI-Fi AC)
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/updated-storks-thunderbolt-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-760.73112

Some motherboards do not preserve NVRAM across boots. Using the above option permits the NVRAM to be preserved.
You are welcome. Welcome to Thunderball! :thumbup:
Hi Stork
According here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/
Z77-UP5-TH should support native nvram.
I do not have this MB anymore but I´m asking cause back in 2012 I used it in a rig I made for a friend and I now and then do some maintenance on that

Motherboard
GA Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
My friend Stork. I'm following you since this firs hack, in 2010.
Just in this moment, I'm with this hard dificults.

If you have time, try to verify this files attached.

Thank You

Attachments

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
My friend Stork. I'm following you since this firs hack, in 2010.
Just in this moment, I'm with this hard dificults.

If you have time, try to verify this files attached.

Thank You
Unfortunately, I can't help you with the first (screen snapshot) nor the DSDT. (I'm not using a DSDT, and I have no knowledge of DSDTs.) I'm not with my Thunderball, so I can't compare the CLOVER partition in your attached EFI file with mine.

So, if we're talking about getting your WiFi working, then only you can do it with my previous suggestions.

Motherboard
GA Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Unfortunately, I can't help you with the first (screen snapshot) nor the DSDT. (I'm not using a DSDT, and I have no knowledge of DSDTs.) I'm not with my Thunderball, so I can't compare the CLOVER partition in your attached EFI file with mine.

So, if we're talking about getting your WiFi working, then only you can do it with my previous suggestions.

Thanks. The DSDT file is only generated by de DCPI. I'm not using a DSDT.
Just saved and post (sorry for my inexperience)

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I have this build with a working 10.12.6 (Sierra) version. I want to update to High Sierra. When I try to install High Sierra fresh on a new SSD, I can't get working Nvidia drivers for my 980Ti. I have version 10.13.6 (17G2208) Any suggestions on getting graphics working.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I initially had 10.13.6 (17g65), but that driver has been reported to be bad, I can't update beyond this version, Evrytime I updated and reboot, it never goes past this version. I cannot get to 10.13.6 (17G4015) for some reason using regular App store updates. I downloaded the 10.13.6 (17G2208) from MBP hoping to get a better driver version.