Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how I get past this (see attached picture)

Attachments

• image-01-03-16-01-11.jpg
    image-01-03-16-01-11.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 162
Bios settings are the same as your first post. config.plist is attached. This is from usb flash drive. Thanks for help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 169
Bios settings are the same as your first post. config.plist is attached. This is from usb flash drive. Thanks for help!

Try unplugging the NVidia and booting off the integrated Intel graphics card. See if that helps.

Try unplugging the NVidia and booting off the integrated Intel graphics card. See if that helps.

That's what I've been doing. I've never had the card plugged in since attempting this. Only things plugged in are USB keyboard and USB flash drive. I made a new unibeast and now get this when trying to boot from it (please see attachment). Please help. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpg
    IMG_4237.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
That's what I've been doing. I've never had the card plugged in since attempting this. Only things plugged in are USB keyboard and USB flash drive. I made a new unibeast and now get this when trying to boot from it (please see attachment). Please help. Thanks!

That last line says "2009 Mac-Pro" - is that the system definition you are using?

My system definition is iMac17,1 (it was default when I was making my flash drive...)
Also by default I had "dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1" in the boot arguments.

If you want to - I can attach my USB config.plist and you can try that one instead? (the one in the Original Post is my current one which probably won't work for you, as it includes ATI kexts and HDMI fixes)

View attachment usb config plist.zip

This one uses the USB Limit patch and the Skylake AppleAPIC Patch (c) by Pike R. Alpha, described in the first post. It also injects Intel video.

Also note: Do not forget to put the kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11 folder. You need:
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

EDIT: Also try disconnecting all the disks you're not using during the install. I know it doesn't make sense but everyone recommends they stay disconnected during install.

double check your BIOS settings...
you'll find in zip mine (F5 bios version)...try it at your own risk, no warranty..it works with my setup

maybe you'll need to correct sata options (i disable all ports except two)

Attachments

• macosx.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
That last line says "2009 Mac-Pro" - is that the system definition you are using?
My system definition is iMac17,1 (it was default when I was making my flash drive...)

Noted.

Also by default I had "dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1" in the boot arguments.

Noted.

If you want to - I can attach my USB config.plist and you can try that one instead? (the one in the Original Post is my current one which probably won't work for you, as it includes ATI kexts and HDMI fixes)

This one uses the USB Limit patch and the Skylake AppleAPIC Patch (c) by Pike R. Alpha, described in the first post. It also injects Intel video.

Thank you!

Also note: Do not forget to put the kexts in the /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11 folder. You need:
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

This was already done. Thank you!

EDIT: Also try disconnecting all the disks you're not using during the install. I know it doesn't make sense but everyone recommends they stay disconnected during install.

Makes no sense, but I'll try.

I will update this thread with results. Thanks again!

This bios is acting crappy. I press F12 to select boot disc, and it works...sometimes. At the chimera boot selection screen, the keyboard works....sometimes. Most times it will just attempt to boot (automatically) my Yosemite install from my Z87 mobo, which doesn't boot and gives this (see 2nd picture) before going blank. When it does attempt to boot from unibeast USB, I get the first picture attached. Starting to contemplate banging my head against a wall! This has been the most issue-plagued install I've ever attempted.

Attachments

• IMG_4247.jpg
    IMG_4247.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4249.jpg
    IMG_4249.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 131
This bios is acting crappy. I press F12 to select boot disc, and it works...sometimes. At the chimera boot selection screen, the keyboard works....sometimes. Most times it will just attempt to boot (automatically) my Yosemite install from my Z87 mobo, which doesn't boot and gives this (see 2nd picture) before going blank. When it does attempt to boot from unibeast USB, I get the first picture attached. Starting to contemplate banging my head against a wall! This has been the most issue-plagued install I've ever attempted.

My BIOS is version F5g.... it's supposedly a BETA BIOS but works for me. You can get it from Gigabyte's website.

Note: Chimera is not officially supported AFAIK. (Being a Chameleon derivative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back