i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the same problem at Sierra High. At motherboard
z170-hd3p with sound ALC 887 no audio since install Sierra High.

I did try of course Multibest but it failed always with installing ALC 887/88b

if you install ALC by MultiBeast where is located MultiBeast.log for checking more info?

Thank you

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
OSX 10.14.1 is running nicely after reading al your posts thx guys...

Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
I have the same problem at Sierra High. At motherboard
z170-hd3p with sound ALC 887 no audio since install Sierra High.

I did try of course Multibest but it failed always with installing ALC 887/88b

if you install ALC by MultiBeast where is located MultiBeast.log for checking more info?

Thank you
Hi xchose,

As far as I can remember - from El Capitan - to High Sierra 10.13.6 - through every version nothing works without a SSDT. There's one attached for audio in the original post - put it in /kexts/Other and that should do the trick for you.

@DutchJan

I have not been able to boot into Mojave yet. Can you share your Clover version and your config.plist please? If I get it working I would write a newer version of the guide.

Motherboard
Z170-HD3P-F5g
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi xchose,

As far as I can remember - from El Capitan - to High Sierra 10.13.6 - through every version nothing works without a SSDT. There's one attached for audio in the original post - put it in /kexts/Other and that should do the trick for you.

@DutchJan

I have not been able to boot into Mojave yet. Can you share your Clover version and your config.plist please? If I get it working I would write a newer version of the guide.
Sorry I did not upgrade at Mojave version due NVIDIA missing web drivers.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi xchose,

@DutchJan

I did a clean install last version clover... (dont use usb3)

Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
I did a clean install last version clover... (dont use usb3)
Looks like the USB-3 solved it!

I've got a fully working Mojave now - obviously bar the NVidia Card.

happy hacking!
littlegreen

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Nice..... even sleeps working love this motherboard....

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
Radeon RX570 8GB
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi all,
I am brand new to Hackintoshes and this site.
I would like to install my first Hackintosh and see how it goes.
My computer is based on this Gigabyte Z170-HD3P, Intel i5 6600 and 8GB Kingston Hyper-x ram. There are also two HDD's and one Crucial 256GB SSD.
I am currently using the onboard Intel HD530 video. I may like to install an Nvidia video card in the future as my main operating system is Linux and Nvidia cards have far better support on that OS.
I plan to buy an extra 128GB SSD for Mac Os.
I have read several threads, in order to learn and understand the basics on how to proceed.
There are a couple of questions I would like to ask.
1) This guide refers to El Capitan but if I understand correctly using a more recent version of Mac Os may give less issues and better compatibility. Which version do you suggest at this point? Mojave? Sierra?
2) I don't mind having to spend days with configuring/installing the Mac Os. What I absolutely need is to be always able to boot the other Os'es (Win 10 and Linux) installed.
I have found some threads about multi booting but I am still confused about the best way to do this. Do you have any thread/suggestions that may be definitive with this regard? So far I have used and configured Lilo, Grub, GAG and windows bootloader.

Appreciate any help.

Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Hi all,
I am brand new to Hackintoshes and this site.
I would like to install my first Hackintosh and see how it goes.
My computer is based on this Gigabyte Z170-HD3P, Intel i5 6600 and 8GB Kingston Hyper-x ram. There are also two HDD's and one Crucial 256GB SSD.
I am currently using the onboard Intel HD530 video. I may like to install an Nvidia video card in the future as my main operating system is Linux and Nvidia cards have far better support on that OS.
I plan to buy an extra 128GB SSD for Mac Os.
I have read several threads, in order to learn and understand the basics on how to proceed.
There are a couple of questions I would like to ask.
1) This guide refers to El Capitan but if I understand correctly using a more recent version of Mac Os may give less issues and better compatibility. Which version do you suggest at this point? Mojave? Sierra?
2) I don't mind having to spend days with configuring/installing the Mac Os. What I absolutely need is to be always able to boot the other Os'es (Win 10 and Linux) installed.
I have found some threads about multi booting but I am still confused about the best way to do this. Do you have any thread/suggestions that may be definitive with this regard? So far I have used and configured Lilo, Grub, GAG and windows bootloader.

Appreciate any help.

Hey gijii,

Welcome to the forum! And welcome to hackintoshing.
Congratulations on your system choice - I don't have my board anymore, but money-to-performance I've always thought it's been great!

To answer your questions:
1) The guide will generally work for most MacOS versions. I would suggest you stick to High Sierra 10.13.6 - it will give you compatibility with your NVidia graphics card when you get one, whilst Mojave will not.

2) Clover will always give you options to boot in either OS no problem. It detects them and boots into them just fine in my experience. I would strongly suggest though, that you disconnect all drives while installing MacOS to make sure no bootloader mix-ups and mis-haps.

I would suggest you read the guide and then read it again. And then again. Also - skim through the thread - there's plenty of useful information which, sadly, is not curated in the OP. However - what is there, is SSDTs, exemplary config.plists and useful instructions that (mostly) work!

Last but not least - I'd suggest you go for at least 250GB SSD for your MacOS install. I thought 120 will do me just fine, however, once set up you tend to find yourself using the OS most of the time(if not all!) and the disk space melts!

Post any questions you may have and I shall try and answer as best as I can.

Happy hacking!
littlegreen