Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure did. Unibeast still loads El Capitan OS X installer perfectly. WTF?! Should I copy USB config.plist to SSD? Is it possible that there are kexts in S/L/E/ from my old (non-efi) install that are conflicting with a kext or kexts that are on the EFI partition? Like fakesmc, audio and/or NIC.

I sure did. Unibeast still loads El Capitan OS X installer perfectly. WTF?! Should I copy USB config.plist to SSD? Is it possible that there are kexts in S/L/E/ from my old (non-efi) install that are conflicting with a kext or kexts that are on the EFI partition? Like fakesmc, audio and/or NIC.

If the Unibeast USB drive boots to installation fine then the same Unibeast USB should be able to boot to desktop.

If you didn't format and erased the SSD completely I strongly recommend that you do. And reinstall, obviously. The EFI partition is kept from the previous install, and your previous bootloader is probably there - making a conflict.

Note: Do not simply "Erase" the volume in Disk Utility. Force it to re-partition, otherwise the EFI partition is kept (I think).

I have reached the desktop!!! 1 x 16gb stick in slot one is recognized as 8gb. Going to install clover on SSD now and attempt to dial everything in. Will post results. Thanks!

I have reached the desktop!!! 1 x 16gb stick in slot one is recognized as 8gb. Going to install clover on SSD now and attempt to dial everything in. Will post results. Thanks!

Problems with memory are widely described in The Skylake Testing Thread

You should be able to input it manually and make it work. This is great news and nice progress!!! Please post updates!

By the way if you free up an hour of your day and just read* through the thread you might find MANY useful things!!!

* Read or not read. There is no skim-through :p~

I have read this thread many times.

Here are the issues I'm experiencing currently:

1) Audio won't work after doing what you recommend in the 1st post. I will continue trying.

2) PCIe firewire card that worked in Z87 machine, won't allow machine to post. I have no idea why the board won't post with this card in it.

3) Memory reporting incorrect speed and size. I will try and fix this with the prescribed methods you mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_4275.jpg
    IMG_4275.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 124
I have read this thread many times.

Here are the issues I'm experiencing currently:

1) Audio won't work after doing what you recommend in the 1st post. I will continue trying.

2) PCIe firewire card that worked in Z87 machine, won't allow machine to post. I have no idea why the board won't post with this card in it.

3) Memory reporting incorrect speed and size. I will try and fix this with the prescribed methods you mentioned.

1) Please refer to the No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] Toleda is a man of superior knowledge and I am pretty sure he can help you! Read the guide 11 times before posting - there's a lot of hidden things between the lines :D

2) I am not using firewire - can't help :(

3) Memory used to report incorrect size and speeds for me as well. As far as I know at the moment it's a trial and error kind of situation. People have said they fixed it through CLOVER configuration for proper reading..... can't really say anything on the topic, since I kind of somehow got it to read the memory properly...

Please post back results! This is getting too interesting now! :)

Everything is working, including audio and memory recognition. Sleep also appears to work normally. Whether audio will work after sleep is still yet to be seen. It seems that all apple apps are garbled and/or blank, graphics wise (see pictures). Firefox and chrome look normal on same urls. Tried with (unsupported, yet) onboard Intel, ATI, & Nvidia. All same result.

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 123
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 7.30.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 7.30.17 PM.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 113
Everything is working, including audio and memory recognition. Sleep also appears to work normally. Whether audio will work after sleep is still yet to be seen. It seems that all apple apps are garbled and/or blank, graphics wise (see pictures). Firefox and chrome look normal on same urls. Tried with (unsupported, yet) onboard Intel, ATI, & Nvidia. All same result.

This is good progress! Did you manage to install the NVidia web drivers for your 9800?

As far as I remember the integrated Intel graphics are garbled when injected. Otherwise you just don't get acceleration - not sure which is to be preferred, to be honest.

I would recommend you think about a budget graphics card - one that is supported out of the box.

Did you manage to install the NVidia web drivers for your 9800?
Tried this but it kept defaulting to OS X default driver.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend you think about a budget graphics card - one that is supported out of the box.
I'm thinking of getting the HD 7770 or the passively cooled HD 7750. I'm trying to make build as silent as possible.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 87
This is good progress! Did you manage to install the NVidia web drivers for your 9800?

As far as I remember the integrated Intel graphics are garbled when injected. Otherwise you just don't get acceleration - not sure which is to be preferred, to be honest.

9800 GT does not require web drivers. Only needs inject nVidia = true in config.plist. I have one working well in one of my builds http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ll-ga-ep45-ud3p-el-capitan-2.html#post1217894 post #18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back