CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for this guide, I'm planning on getting this same mobo and I bet this guide will help me a lot.

I would like to verify if the gpu I choose will make any difference? I'm going with Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Is there anything special I should be cautious about?

Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Thanks for this guide, I'm planning on getting this same mobo and I bet this guide will help me a lot.

I would like to verify if the gpu I choose will make any difference? I'm going with Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Is there anything special I should be cautious about?
From what I have read in the Skylake Testing Thread NVidia cards are installed in a bit different way. Feel free to use my BIOS settings and the kexts and patches I described in the Original Post but take a note and spend an hour reading on NVidia graphics installs.

Note: Obviously drop the Verdi.kext out of the equation :)

Anything that is not in regard of graphics I'll be happy to try and help you out with.

Happy hacking :)

Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
@littlegreen now works your lan and nvidia graphics?
I am not using NVidia. I have a RADEON graphics card.... LAN doesn't have anything to do with graphics as far as I know, so use the kext from the guide :)

Motherboard
GA-B75-D3h
CPU
i3-3240
Graphics
GT710
Easy Go for me with GA-Z170-HD3P
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
Core I3-6300
old apple Nvidia GT 8800 512Mb
Samsung SM951-NVME 256GB
Bluetooth dongle CSR V4.0

Started as described (+ NVMeGeneric.kext) with Internal graphics only and after rebooting the installed os i switched to nvidia and all was good. After searching the XHC I used this boot args to enable all the needed usb ports only.

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1 uia_exclude=HS05;HS06;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS14;SS05;SS06;SS07;SS08;SS10</string>

This gives me the max of 15 ports (all blue back ports usb3.0/2.0, only the left top usb2 port + 2 front usb2 and 2 from usb3.0/2.0 from the #1 internal usb 3 expansion)
ASMedia USB3.1 not working,waiting for a solution.
Ethernet is ok (wake and 1GBs speed fully functional)
It sleeps well, wakes from usb keyboard, bluetooth and ethernet,
Used it to render 16GB video and it was way faster (6x) than my 2015 Mac mini (Fushion drive) but also was way slower (-9 x) than my (2015) Macbook Pro (mid 2015 ATI) but this was expected.

All fine BUT !!! BUT!!! It keeps rebooting on shutdown!

Any ideas??

This is the SM951 DiskSpeedTest, this thing is really good!

DiskSpeedTest.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15W V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
All fine BUT !!! BUT!!! It keeps rebooting on shutdown!

Any ideas??
try this
dump the DSDT
delete _prw and _dsw on GLAN, XHC, XDCI and HDAS with maciasl, compile and save as aml
put it on EFI/CLover/ACPI/patched

and

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixShutdown_0004/true

dvc

Motherboard
Asus P7P55D
CPU
Intel i5 750
Graphics
Asus Radeon HD 5850
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I though a slightly different model: GA Z170 HD3. USB does not work. More precisely, USB 2.0 ports do not work at all, even with the keyboard and mouse. USB 3.0 ports work with anything, but not with USB 3.0 devices. I looked at your config and do the same yourself in patches section. But nothing has worked :(

Motherboard
HP 14-CE0501NA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
I though a slightly different model: GA Z170 HD3. USB does not work. More precisely, USB 2.0 ports do not work at all, even with the keyboard and mouse. USB 3.0 ports work with anything, but not with USB 3.0 devices. I looked at your config and do the same yourself in patches section. But nothing has worked :(
There is an awesome guide on USBs HERE. Try and follow it and see what happens. Ask in the thread there for help, I guess... ammulder knows about these things way more than us mere mortals :D

I haven't tried it out myself because mine work with the easy patch. They're not 100% properly configured but it does the job I need for the moment.

Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 950
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for posting all of this. I have a similar system with gigabyte-z170-hd3p, ie-6500 and gtx950.

I'm having troubles with getting the onboard ethernet to work. I've tried reinstalling the latest version of the RTL8111 kext downloaded from here.

The closest I get is it gives itself a self-assigned IP address.

Any ideas on what I could try or redo?

EDIT::
I was checking /System/Library/Extensions for the kext to delete. I also had to delete the old kext found in /Library/Extentions.

After deleting it and reinstalling ethernet now works !