Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370-P II
CPU
Intel Core i5-9600K
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX580 8GB OC
Hi All,

I just ran into a problem when I was trying to update Clover EFI in preparation to updating from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6. This is my first time updating Clover on the EFI partition (and the first time updating OS X on my system).

The issue is, I cannot find the drivers in the installer that I need (or at least the ones I already have in my working EFI partition). When I click "Customize" the relevant drivers are not listed, I have ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi in my drivers64 folder, and the same plus AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi in my drivers64UEFI folder, so I'm assuming that these are the drivers I'm supposed the be looking for in the new installer as my system works relatively well with them.

I am using the r5033 installer from SourceForge, I couldn't get Clover Configurator to download it (it just says it has trouble contacting the server or something similar, when I press "Check Now" on the EFI update page).

ApfsDriverLoader is the only one that is present in the installer, but it is not marked -64, so it could possibly be the wrong version.

I remember that back when I first created the EFI partition, I encountered different versions of the Clover EFI installer package that had completely different sets of drivers available, so there could be one out there that has my drivers, I just don't know where... should I try to find the updated versions of each of the drivers manually, after performing the upgrade using the installer leaving all the drivers unchecked (like how I'm going to update my kexts), or could there be something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

I'm not sure how the above from @itwas works (thanks anyway!), but the solution for me was to upgrade the EFI components and let the installer install all the drivers it deems necessary by default, except for SMCHelper as I'm using VirtualSMC.

I tried upgrading the EFI without letting the installer add any new drivers, keeping only the ones I've already had - that caused Mojave to be unable to boot, so I needed to restore my EFI from Windows to get it to work again. So for anyone else wondering, the 4xxx drivers are probably no longer compatible with Clover 5xxx and it is best to let the installer install its own drivers except for the ones you know you don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back