Contribute
Register

Update Sound Gremlin Strikes Again - Should I just get USB Adapter or USB Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just did the most recent set of Updates to Lion. 10.7.5 (11G63b) and of course the sound disappeared. It's the old "No output devices found" in system preferences.

I have tried all the common methods that I have done before, I have tried both the newest version of Multibeast 4.7.0 and the older 4.6.1 and no luck. I have tried rolling back to a older time machine version of the ktext. I have tried both Easy Mode and a Custom .aml file. For some reason I am having issues getting it to work again this time.

I am sure I will eventually figure it out but has anyone had any specific occurrences with the latest update to 10.7.5 and any special tips or tricks that are different from the standar methods that normally bring sound back.

My Motherboard is a GB-EP45-UD3P

My other question is what if I just go with one of the USB options? Either a USB adapter like mentioned here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/98115-simple-plug-n-play-usb-audio-device-os-x-3.html or some USB powered speakers? I have cheap old little computer speakers anyway and its time for a minor upgrade and it would help eliminate a few cables. Are either of the USB options a good way to just avoid the disappearing sound issue?

Lastly I am thinking of rolling this machine up to Mountain Lion, is the sound issue the same there or are there improvements. I would be doing it as a brand new clean install.

So I just did the most recent set of Updates to Lion. 10.7.5 (11G63b) and of course the sound disappeared.
AppleHDA.kext is replaced during every Software Update, result no audio. Lion fix: MultiBeast 4.7 - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC885.

AppleHDA.kext is replaced during every Software Update, result no audio. Lion fix: MultiBeast 4.7 - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC885.

Thanx a bunch, that worked. I swear I tried some variation using the ALC885 one but it just didn't want to work yesterday. Today I do just what you say and it works. Will make note of it this time so I remember for next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back