Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've just finished my first build with i5 6500, 8GB RAM, GTX 750ti and now trying to install Sierra on it.
Without even considering this thread (and the referred thread of ammulder), I was able to install MacOS simply by using UniBeast at UEFI-Mode and NO graphics injection. I was able to activate LAN and graphics-card but unfortunately couldn't activate soundcard (ALC1150).

Then I've stumbled across this and ammulders guide and tried to reinstalled the whole system. No success so far! I've checked the BIOS and prepared the USB installer as said in ammulders thread several times. No Luck! Whenever I select the install icon in the menu, the "prohibition" sign appears instead of the apple logo.

The only way to install MacOS was by not copying the config.plist and USBInject like recommended. But when ever I follow the rest of ammulder's guide, then I'm not able to reboot the system anymore :(

Does anyone have an idea what to do? Except of getting the soundcard activated, the system is running. Bluetooth/wlan/iMessage etc is not that important to me.

Sorry for the long post, I hope you can help me somehow.
Cheers

Okay, finally sound is activated! Can't believe it.
There is a video on youtube, that helped a lot. The guy firstly recommended to install ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio. But that didn't help. Then he only installed ALC1150, so did I, and that fixed the problem.

In all previous installations I did only install ALC1150 with no success. How ever.. seems to work now!
If you have any troubles, check the video called "Skylake Mini Hackintosh with El Captain - FULL FIY Build Guide".

Did anyone tried the new F20 bios out?

Yes someone here did that, and then had problems to install sierra..
So don't do that. There is no reason for that..

This thread is a deviation from ammulder's guide - El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI - focussing only on installing Sierra on this build.

Updating to MacOS 10.12 went smoothly by following tonymacx86's Direct Update Guide. After the update most things worked properly, including audio (with AppleALC.kext), iMessage, and Bluetooth. WiFi didn't work but was fixed using the steps below. Using the integrated HD530 graphics, there are some issues that are listed below... still no fix that I can find.

I'll update this thread with any new fixes I come across. This is a popular (and fantastic!) build, so let's get this thread going with problems we encounter when updating to or once running Sierra and any fixes we can find.
51p4jRz4xQL._SX425_.jpg

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
_
KNOWN ISSUES WITH FIXES

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
- No Audio with RealtekALC.kext

Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.
- Dual Monitors Not Working w/ HD530 Graphics

Downgrade Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.​

_
KNOWN ISSUES WITHOUT FIXES

- Graphical artifacts on the menu bar and sleep problems with HD530 integrated graphics
I have the z170n gaming 5 motherboard having the same issues. No wifi or Bluetooth. I am so new to this. Where
This thread is a deviation from ammulder's guide - El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI - focussing only on installing Sierra on this build.

Updating to MacOS 10.12 went smoothly by following tonymacx86's Direct Update Guide. After the update most things worked properly, including audio (with AppleALC.kext), iMessage, and Bluetooth. WiFi didn't work but was fixed using the steps below. Using the integrated HD530 graphics, there are some issues that are listed below... still no fix that I can find.

I'll update this thread with any new fixes I come across. This is a popular (and fantastic!) build, so let's get this thread going with problems we encounter when updating to or once running Sierra and any fixes we can find.
51p4jRz4xQL._SX425_.jpg

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
_
KNOWN ISSUES WITH FIXES

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
- No Audio with RealtekALC.kext

Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.
- Dual Monitors Not Working w/ HD530 Graphics

Downgrade Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.​

_
KNOWN ISSUES WITHOUT FIXES

- Graphical artifacts on the menu bar and sleep problems with HD530 integrated graphics
I have the z170n gaming 5 board and I am having the same issues. No Bluetooth, wifi or sound. I am real new to this so my question is, where do I find the spot to enter these Kext patches? I am able to mount the clover efi drive and pull up the configplist window but don't see where to enter the texts. Any help would be greatly appreciated from this noob.

Hi Guys. I have just changed my CPU from a 6700k to a Skylake Celeron G3900. Also swapped my graphics card from a 980ti to a 960. I am now getting this on boot up, see attached file. Any ideas?

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 202
I can't get the Intel Wifi Card & Bluetooth to work. Neither make a dual monitor. Using Nvidia GT 740 SC. Any Advice?

I can't get the Intel Wifi Card & Bluetooth to work. Neither make a dual monitor. Using Nvidia GT 740 SC. Any Advice?
found the fix for my dual monitor but can't make the wifi or bluetooth work.

FYI, I installed the F20 bios before I realized someone else had issues, and I've done multiple installs with no problems other than the problems I was having before I upgraded bios (namely audio and graphics with a 740 card--can't get Nvidia web drivers to stick). So YMMV. Absolutely zero issues with the actual install. Just another data point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back