Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

skype works..

Whats your model of webcam py61 ?

i have this

HP HD Webcam [Fixed] :

Identifiant du produit : 0xb372
Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version : 57.51
Vitesse : Jusqu’à 480 Mb/s
Fabricant : Chicony
Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0x1a130000 / 3
Courant disponible (mA) : 500
Courant requis (mA) : 500
Intégré : Oui

After the last update of Skype, the camera dosent work on it.

Photo Booth : ok. Facetime : ok.

Well, lets see.
Guide, as written:
"press f4 at clover screen"
Did that and got no response
"Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config."
Did that.
"Restart to check if you're still alive "
Did that and was, albeit somewhat messed up. I was able to correct those IMessage login errors with CC.
"Go to AppStore, download and install Yosemite, the installer will tell you to restart."
Did that. No issues there.
"When it restarts, select the new boot option in Clover screen to install."
Did that. Again no issues.
"When everything is done, check your bluetooth/audio. If it does not work, rerun PBI CE to update kexts. For anyone with HD4600, you have to generate config/patch dsdt too. You may need to use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache a few times to make it really stable."
I had no problems with audio. But I had no ethernet, so I reran PBI "to update kexts" and ran kext wizard AS INSTRUCTED, rebooted and no video.
So what part of the guide did not follow??

UVC Camera VendorID_1266 ProductID_46024

Well, lets see.
Guide, as written:

Why were you expecting a "response"?

Did that.
Did that and was, albeit somewhat messed up. I was able to correct those IMessage login errors with CC.
"Go to AppStore, download and install Yosemite, the installer will tell you to restart."
"When everything is done, check your bluetooth/audio. If it does not work, rerun PBI CE to update kexts. For anyone with HD4600, you have to generate config/patch dsdt too. You may need to use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache a few times to make it really stable."
I had no problems with audio. But I had no ethernet, so I reran PBI "to update kexts" and ran kext wizard AS INSTRUCTED, rebooted and no video.

No idea for sure, but I suspect you're missing the correct config.plist settings for HD4600. Post troubleshooting files (especially config.plist).

Actually, I didn't know what to expect when pressing f4, as that's not included in the guide.
So what is pressing f4 supposed to do?
I have a probook 4540s, witch has the ivybridge i7, so I have hd4000, not hd4600.
How do I post troubleshooting files and config.plist if I can't get a screen to see them?

Actually, I didn't know what to expect when pressing f4, as that's not included in the guide.
So what is pressing f4 supposed to do?

Find in page for 'F4' at this page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Page found by google 'Clover F4'...

I have a probook 4540s, witch has the ivybridge i7, so I have hd4000, not hd4600.
How do I post troubleshooting files and config.plist if I can't get a screen to see them?

OK, I guess I was confused by you quoting the HD4600 instructions...

Boot using your USB, then collect the files.

Well, lets see.
Guide, as written:
Did that.

Give me /var/log/install.log.

I used PBI and onl 2 speedstep , how to make more speedstep . pls

Sorry, I forgot to quote you:

"OK, I guess I was confused by you quoting the HD4600 instructions...

Boot using your USB, then collect the files."

Actually, I was quoting the guide from page one. I don't see anything there that applies specifically to hd4600.
Anyway, I was able to boot from the original usb install for mavericks.I have ethernet back, but Imessage has now locked me out again because the original install has a different serial number than what I generated. I'll fix that later. I just want to get Yosemite booting from the hard drive. Attached is the config.plist that got generated after following this guide and resides on the hard drive EFI partition

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 204
Back