Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Also, changing SMBios to MacBook Air 5,2 for the probook 5330m solved the wifi issue.
However, the Hardware monitor now reads the cpu clock @2.97GHz idle. Before it would read the idle cpu clock @ 792 MHz.
The temperature reading seems to be ok. The cpu clock does change from 792MHz to 3.07 GHz during different loads.

So hopefully there's a patch for Broadcom 43224 on the 5330m instead of using SMBios from a MBA 5,2.

My Yosemite Adventure.
Running an HP Probook 4540s
Had Mavericks running fine. Imessage working, etc.
Downloaded Yosemite. Followed instructions to press f4 at clover boot. Nothing. So I booted into Mavericks, downloaded the latest PBI (6.2.12.1) ran it and rebooted.Got prompts to log into Icloud and Imessage that didn't work. I started cloverconfigurator and my serial number and board id had all changed, so I had to load the smbios and reload the values from my previous smbios ( before running latest PBI, which changed those values), and got verything working again. So I started the Yosemite install, install went fine, rebooted, got prompted again to sign into Icloud and Imessage all to no avail. Turns out my ethernet card was no longer recognized,
just not there. So I ran the PBI again, rebooted, and now I have no display. The Apple logo appears, the the white line signaling it's loading, then all just goes blank. I have radeon switchable graphics turned on in bios for Windows, so I thought I'd try turning that off. Still no display. Worse, I get the same blank display when I boot into the recovery partition, so I can't just restore Mavericks from my time machine backup (well maybe if I boot from the USB installer, I haven't tried that yet). So it looks like Yosemite is a no go on the HP 4540s using this method.

Rehabman, do you have issues with photobooth?

Rehabman, do you have issues with photobooth?

I don't use it. They make mirrors for when you want an image of yourself.

Okay, also I can't play 1080p videos what a stupid bug!! , it gives software error.

I don't use it. They make mirrors for when you want an image of yourself.

What about Skype, the HP Webcam is broken after the latest update (Skype 7)..

What about Skype, the HP Webcam is broken after the latest update (Skype 7)..

Certain webcam models have issues with OS X. It is luck whether you get one of the good ones or not.

I don't use Skype either. I have no need to see people that I'm talking to on the phone, nor do they need to see me. Voice is enough to have a conversation (and I prefer short ones...)

skype works..

Certain webcam models have issues with OS X. It is luck whether you get one of the good ones or not.

I don't use Skype either. I have no need to see people that I'm talking to on the phone, nor do they need to see me. Voice is enough to have a conversation (and I prefer short ones...)

People are different RehabMan :D

Anyways, i think that i have picked the bad one in this case.

Back