Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck. After converting my SSD to APFS during High sierra installation, I can't see the OSX partition in clover bootloader. And after verification, it appears that I'm running clover rev. 4114 ...

Can I do something to make it works ? or ..

Thanks.

Hello there!

I have a problem when I tried upgrade my mac to High Sierra, I use a SSD Corsair and forward the this guide to convert to apfs, however when it finished, my boot devices disappeared and now I do not know what to do.
Only my windows partitions ara available to boot, I was Multibeast user.
Someone has help me?

Kind regards.

I'm stuck. After converting my SSD to APFS during High sierra installation, I can't see the OSX partition in clover bootloader. And after verification, it appears that I'm running clover rev. 4114 ...

Can I do something to make it works ? or ..

post 1 mentions apfs.efi needed

I put it in my EFI folder via my Windows partition, but it's still not working.
needs to go in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

needs to go in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

that's what I meant, sorry ^^'

and I added the fakeSMC (at the right place, according to post 1) and still no OSX partition.

Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)
Please let us know how these guides work for you! Thanks and good luck!

HFS+ worked well on my Asus X53E-106V, an old i3 / Intel HD 3000 laptop.
With just FakeSMC.kext as essential.

It did make me wonder: why install kexts at all? Is simply copying the kext to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER a better choice?

Well... Keyboard, mouse and Ethernet have stopped working. I don't know why? I could repair Keyboard and mouse by reinstalling, but Ethernet not up to now.

Last edited:
Established users of macOS Sierra who wish to update directly to macOS High Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. These fully native methods require no USB creation or preparation and allow you to keep all of your files and settings...

Followed instructions but kept hanging at the Apple logo screen. Disconnected my two hard drives and left my SSD boot drive only and installed all OK! All working, graphics and sound! fantastic. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
HFS+ worked well on my Asus X53E-106V, an old i3 / Intel HD 3000 laptop.
With just FakeSMC.kext as essential.

It did make me wonder: why install kexts at all? Is simply copying the kext to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER a better choice?

Without installing FakeSMC a hack wont boot due to no SMC Controller.
Kexts should be installed to L/E.
Kexts that are placed into EFI/Clover/kexts/other are only for booting into the Recovery Partition or Installers.
Kext injection via the Bootloader is not a good idea. However inject kexts should be set to Detect.

Good evening...I need help.

Is it possible to update High Sierra from Maverick ?
or better kind update have to do?

I need information please...
I am new one in hackintosh.

Motherboard: ASUS H81 M P lga 1150
Prosessor core: i5
RAM 8gb
NVidia 1gb

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Good evening...I need help.

Is it possible to update High Sierra from Maverick ?
or better kind update have to do?

I need information please...
I am new one in hackintosh.

Motherboard: ASUS H81 M P lga 1150
Prosessor core: i5
RAM 8gb
NVidia 1gb

Thank you very much

Thank you very much
Short story: No. Longer story: You'll need to do either a fresh install or install on top of your Mavericks build. However, your Mavericks applications are old and need to be updated from Mavericks 10.9.6 versions to High Sierra 10.13.0 versions. So, you are better off starting from scratch.

I'd wait until UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra so you can install High Sierra the easy way. UB/MB should be ready by week's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back