Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0414.JPG

Unable to install on two diff. ssd drives!, tried both methods same error and booting from usb drive same thing...
Please help me!!

Thanks.

System:
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 1.3
SSDs
Intel Core i3
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Never mind, I fixed it!
I copied the Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to my OSX drive
/System/Installation/Packages

Read it somewhere on the net.

Not sure why it wasn’t mounting the InstallESD.dmg

I updated from Sierra with success. But the only problem now is, why do I still have the Preboot partitions from the installer? When I boot into clover I get something Filevault and then preboot. How can I delete these partitions? I cannot do it in disk utility

Updated from Sierra to High Sierra w/o APFS, Sierra's NVIDIA drivers did not work as expected and booted with default graphics drivers and later automatically updated NVIDIA web drivers. So far so good....

Most work of any update this year.

Update of 2106 MacBook Pro locked up and could not recover. Did not have time to work with it so the local Apple Store fixed it over night.

Hackintosh locked up and would not finish the install just like the MBP. Revert back and try the HFS+ update and it work but no sound. Attempt again on backup SSD to update with the APFS and after 24-hours, I put it out of its misery. It was able to boot in to APFS with High Sierra but no sound. As noted earlier, the audio_cloverALC-130.command will fix that.

Everything appears to be working now. I was prepared to spend more time on this than in the past but it took much more effort and time than in the past.

UniBeast and MultiBeast users-

MultiBeast 9.2.1 is incompatible with APFS drives, but works with HFS+. We will be releasing updated versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast and a full UniBeast installation guide in the near future.

In the meantime, if you are already installed on Sierra, we suggest using the above update guides. For fresh installations, please see the following post for instructions to create a USB installer for High Sierra.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you and all for for your continues support thru web pages of tonymacx86
Download complete, successfuly finished the installation using Guide : Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS).

Learned things thru this new installation method ( no need to use UniBeast/USB-storage):
1) It is very helpful to jump up the latest minimum level of clover boot ( 4173) with MultiBeast 9.2.1 minimum specification.
2) Actualy twice of "MacOS install boot" until reaching the goal of High Sierra installation.
3) Finally, I had the confidence that the "Direct updating" methos is really useful/powerful rather than the method of UniBeast.

Best Regards.

I have successfully installed High Sierra 10.13 with APFS on my PC. Every function in the OS X working perfectly. My only issue is that it does not bootup without USB. I have installed using clover v4243 and installed it on SSD after installation and put all EFI files from my USB drive. Please let me know if anyone had the issue and how did you fix it.

I upgraded my Hackintosh yesterday from Sierra to High Sierra using this procedure - everything still working and no problems at all.
My System is a Dell Optiplex 790 SSF with i5 processor, 8GB Ram, EVGA GeForce 210 1024 MB graphics and a USB soundcard.

How did you make the High Sierra bootable? Installing the Clover package on Internal SSD drive?

I am not sure about FakeSCM. Using MultiBeast it installed FakeSCM-v6.25-something ... But on the linked download page there is only v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 available? Can I find the FakeSCM-v6.25 on my disk somewhere?

The problem is, I have tried to update to High Sierra, but it was stuck with a black screen for hours, so I aborted and now reinstalled Sierra freshly (only doing one inject for ALC1150), everything else is clean.

EDIT: I found the FakeSCM. After reboot the "Boot macOS" option shows the High Sierra icon. But then it loads and no matter if I boot with "-x" "-v -x" or no special option, the screen will when the bar is full turn black. The computer then seems to still be working (blinking CPU led) but never finish (waited about 4 hours and nothing changes).

I think I will stay with Sierra until a clean/fresh install guide is available.
Use SMBIOS 14,2

Hello there!

I have a problem when I tried upgrade my mac to High Sierra, I use a SSD Corsair and forward the this guide to convert to apfs, however when it finished, my boot devices disappeared and now I do not know what to do.
Only my windows partitions ara available to boot, I was Multibeast user.
Someone has help me?

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back