Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see where I change the Computer ID to iMac14,1 in my config.
Any idea how to do it?
You can change it easily with the Clover Configurator. Check any Youtube tutorial, you will find it easily

I don't see where I change the Computer ID to iMac14,1 in my config.
Any idea how to do it?
Use MultiBeast to just select your Computer ID (System Definition):
Customize -> System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,1​
Build > Install​
Reboot​

MultiBeast not only changes the Computer ID, but changes the System Definition so that your config.plist has all the needed iMac14,1 characteristics, too. IMO, it's easier to do this change in MultiBeast than Clover Configurator.

Hello!

Looking for some help here with updating from El Capitan to the most current OS, which I believe is High Sierra. Reason being, I run a recording studio and need to update my DAW, Cubase, (along with a bunch of other plug ins) to the latest version which is apparently not compatible with El Capitan. I'm not a pro at Hackintosh builds/upgrades, as the only build I've done was mine and it was 4 years ago and I just followed the instructions on here.

Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction before I start, if I follow the above directions will it work fine? Is there anything different I need to do with my build? I know some can differ based upon what parts you used etc. Thank you ahead of time you smart strangers!

the most current OS, which I believe is High Sierra
High Sierra came out in the Fall of 2017 so it's not the most current. You should check what version you need by consulting with your Audio software manufacturer.

I don't know what to search for.... I updated my Clover to latest version whilst still running Sierra. It seemed to be stable on start up. I decided to follow this guide and update to high sierra. All seemed to be going ok and after the install finished its 1st pass with the apple installer it restarted and the clover options screen came up. I wasn't expecting this but I chose 'Boot Mac OS X Install for New 1TB SSD via Preboot' and all I get is the no entry sign. Also none of my other boot options work either. I have a carbon copy clone of my sierra plus a unibeast USB Sierra installer and the recovery partitions.

I've had issues with the Nvidia web drivers previously when I did a security update in Sierra and found by changing options in Graphic injector - Checking on 'Inject Invidia' and checking off 'Use Nvidia web drivers' allowed the install process to continue and eventual success. I'm stuck now, any help guidance much appreciated.

edit 1
I somehow got it to work selecting my normal booting SSD drive and it continued the install but my nvidia graphics side of things has gone to OS X default. I'm now scared to touch anything lol...... It looks like the update to high sierra has worked. I think I will launch the Clover configurator app and take a look at the EFI partition. I'd still appreciate any hand holding/guidance.

edit 2
I seem to have many EFI partitions but the one that says (Clover Boot Partition) is called 'EFI on APFS Container (New 1TB SSD, Preboot, Recovery, VM) its volume identifier is disk1s1. Does this sound right? when I mount the partition with CC and look in the kexts/other folder I have a bunch of kexts including NvidiaGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsFixup so one would expect my graphics to be OK.
Anyway this is my problem I think. Is my EFI folder operating from the correct place and is there a way I can check that if I restart it will come back on again and not give no entry signs.
Sorry for the newbie ramblings.

Last edited:
I got it working for now, I must say it feels a bit flaky though. I found a post on Nvidia web driver issues on 17G66 build not supporting web drivers and pasted a script 'bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.40.113' which seems to have worked although I don't have access the Nvidia driver manager any more and although it looks right is says its OSX default drivers. First time restart I got the no entry sign again, 2nd time it worked... scary.

Of the school "if it ain't broke..." BUT there are numerous indicators I should upgrade to High Sierra from Sierra (mostly bug fixes in Metal). Yes I have a plan (strip everything from the machine except a single drive (which has a clean Sierra ion it), put in the OEM GPU, update firmware and the single drive, put my 980 back in, do the Mojave updater ONLY for the 144.0.0 firmware update, put everything back in).

Now, my boot drive is an array of SATA SSDs on a PCI card. This array I DO want to update to HS.

1. will it force me to go APFS (I suspect not because of it being an array)
2. will it refuse to update for any other reasons (which are)?

My fall back plan is I have a clone of my boot drive on a spinner. Theoretically, I can boot from that, update to HS, then clone it to the array. Anyone see any issues there?

My post asking for help was moved elsewhere for some reason? I was asking for help just like all the other posts here. Trying to update from an existing Yosemite install to High Sierra and it's not working.
When I reboot from Clover Mac OS installer option, I get the error shown below.
I tried installing as both HFS+ and APFS as suggested on the first page.
I have an 840 EVO SSD with a 2nd partition formatted as APFS, running Mojave. The Yosemite partition is HFS naturally. Maybe I need to change the date on the computer because the installer is from 2017?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.58.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.58.39 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Hi

I have tried just descibed in page one I choose my Samsung SSD which is running Sierra,
but everytime I choose Installation Disk on Clover Boot,
I get
"Attempting System Restart....MACH Reboot"

And somehow, my SSD M.2 disappear and not detected..again

GA-H87-HD3-rev-1, BIOS Mod by Hanson 10b (I forgot where I find it)
Intel HD4600
Samsung SSD
Midas M.2 SSD on PCIe

Please help

Thank you

This thread is not a Help thread! Post your question(s) as a standalone thread in the Big Sur Desktop Support forum section. Violators will have their post removed from life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back