Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. One learns every day on TonyMac86.com!

Next study-object: getting the most out of my laptop. I have started to study RehabMan's laptop guide(s). They posess a steep learning curve for me. One of the things that puzzle me, in general, is the need to patch DSDT's and SSDT's to "byte-handling". Is this because Clover's processing of DSDT's and SSDT's is byte-oriented? If so, would it be thinkable to have a Clover-8 and a Clover-32 which differ in an 8-bit and 32-bit DSDT and SSDT handling. Thus eliminating the need for those numerous and seemingly trivial byte-conversion patches and leaving only those patches that "really do something"?

Your posting in wrong section. You need to post in High Sierra Laptop Support.

UniBeast and MultiBeast will only help if you are doing a clean install. If you will be upgrading, you won't need either.
Actually, upgrading Sierra to High Sierra will require UniBeast v8 and MultiBeast v10 because of updates to Clover and your drivers/kexts, etc.

I've just updated my hack to HS using "Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)"

Updating process was a breeze! Thanks for for the guide!

Hello,
it worked like charm on my Samsung EVO 800 SSD (1TO with APFS) and I can really notice a huge speed benefit (the hackintosh boot in really a few seconds!)

Just one thing:
I had to disable to intel graphic card in the bios. Otherwise I could not start the install. Instead I had a white loading wheel.
Thank you very much tonymacx86 great howto as always.

I am Stuck after reboot and i select boot from mac OS X install, it boots to a black screen or my monitor shuts off. when i used the boot arg nv_disable=1, then i get a white spinning circle. Someone please help. thanks

Hi Guys, I have upgraded my Hackintosh from Sierra to HighSierra successfully with 2nd method "Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)", after little frustrating work with audio then now everything work perfectly including: audio, bluetooth, wifi (USB dongle), iMessage, FaceTime, video playing on Safari. Thank you very much for your amazing guide !

All right whit iMac 17,1! I had problems because I updated Clover Configurator and not Clover :banghead::banghead:
Later installed Toledo and changed the jack connector. All working except trackpad and bluetooth keyboard that I have to go changing the USB bluetooth connector on each reboot.

Thanks!!!

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-04 a las 18.03.03.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back