Contribute
Register

[Unsolvable] Black screen when waking from sleep on Mojave 10.14.3, Lenovo G50-80, Broadwell HD 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't change it, boot with invalid ig-platform-id, apply this patch on config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch:
Name: AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 06002616 01030303 00002002 00005001
Replace: 06002616 01030303 00003001 00009000
Then boot with 0x16260006. This patch works only with this ig-platform-id.
I found this..
Thanks for that information,

Yes, currently my HD 5500 works well with this patch (however don't need to add this patch to Clover, Whatevergreen will apply this patch automatically, see Whatevergreen guide) although my DVMT prealloc is just 32 MB.

But RehabMan says:
There is the minStolenSize patch, which can disable the check for adequate DVMT-prealloc, but that patch is likely to cause instability, glitches, or other strange behavior. There is likely good reason for the assertion in the framebuffer code.

So I doubt the DVMT can influence my internal screen (the probability is low, I think), but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.2 MB · Views: 69
Maybe we can try to figure out USB problems.

Last edited:
So here is a brief summary so far.
What we have tried
  1. Use AppleBacklightFixup.kext + SSDT-PNLF.aml instead of [igpu] Brightness fix for brightness control. - Not work
  2. Change resolution. - Not work
  3. Delete com.apple.PowerManagement ... files under /Library/Preferences/ . - Not work
  4. Change ig-platform-id & darkwake - Not work, but found the best ig-platform-id is 0x16160002 for Lenovo G50-80
  5. Delete all DSDT & SSDT files in ACPI/pacthed. - Not work
  6. Fix EDID. - Not work, even got a black screen on boot finished
  7. Change Product Name in Clover/SMBIOS. - Not work
What we have not tried
  1. Increase DVMT prealloc in BIOS instead of using minStolenSize patch. - Need downgrade BIOS version to B0CN40WW (however cannot found this version in Lenovo official website) or do SPI programming.
  2. Downgrade to 10.12.3 or below.

Last edited:
Hi, JackLeeu:
I have the same problem.
Sorry, my English is not good.
And i has tried all things like you have done before i find this page.
Maybe we should check [Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)/
&[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
Because my usb3.0 port can't work ,i think this is a problem.
I tried to solve these, but i didn't know if i did right things.
Can you help me whit them?
Myabe that's the reason of black screen, at least i think so.
Hi @ChicCheung,
We have the same model of laptop! My Lenovo G50-80 USB (both 2.0 & 3.0 port) works well even after waking from sleep, but only the internal display doesn't work (I can still adjust the brightness, but only got brighter/darker black on the screen). So I don't think there is a problem with the USB.
Could you please try my EFI folder and report here? Here is the link https://github.com/upupming/Lenovo-G50-80-Clover

Last edited:
Hi, JackLeeu:
I have the same problem.
Sorry, my English is not good.
And i has tried all things like you have done before i find this page.
Maybe we should check [Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)/
&[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
Because my usb3.0 port can't work ,i think this is a problem.
I tried to solve these, but i didn't know if i did right things.
Can you help me whit them?
Myabe that's the reason of black screen, at least i think so.
What DSDT patches have you applied? Tested you EFI and found following problems:
  1. The black screen problem exists the same. I even doubt there is no solution for Lenovo G50-80
  2. Mouse & touchpad not working

Hi @ChicCheung,
We have the same model of laptop! My Lenovo G50-80 USB (both 2.0 & 3.0 port) works well even after waking from sleep, but only the internal display doesn't work (I can still adjust the brightness, but only got brighter/darker black on the screen). So I don't think there is a problem with the USB.
Could you please try my EFI folder and report here? Here is the link https://github.com/upupming/Lenovo-G50-80-Clover
[bat] Lenovo G50-70
[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
[sys] HPET Fix
[sys] “SMBUS” Fix
[sys] IRQ Fix
[sys] RTC Fix
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 10)
[sys] Add IMEI
[usb] 7-series/8-series USB
[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D)
and code to fix brightness keys[f11/f12]
Code:
into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify (PS2K, 0x20)\n
end;
into method label _Q12 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify (PS2K, 0x10)\n
end;
by the way , my touchpad is elan touchpad,so i use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

Hi @ChicCheung,
OK, i will have a try!

[bat] Lenovo G50-70
[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
[sys] HPET Fix
[sys] “SMBUS” Fix
[sys] IRQ Fix
[sys] RTC Fix
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 10)
[sys] Add IMEI
[usb] 7-series/8-series USB
[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D)
and code to fix brightness keys[f11/f12]
Code:
into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify (PS2K, 0x20)\n
end;
into method label _Q12 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify (PS2K, 0x10)\n
end;
by the way , my touchpad is elan touchpad,so i use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
What did you mean by saying Elan touchpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back