Contribute
Register

[Unsolvable] Black screen when waking from sleep on Mojave 10.14.3, Lenovo G50-80, Broadwell HD 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
What DSDT patches have you applied? Tested you EFI and found following problems:
  1. The black screen problem exists the same. I even doubt there is no solution for Lenovo G50-80
  2. Mouse & touchpad not working
Black screen on broadwell laptops can only be fixed with 2 options.

1. Upgrade your current screen to 1920x1080

2. Revert to any OS below 10.12.3

My screen is 1920x1080, but still got black screen.

Last edited:

Did you mean both 1 and 2 are needed?

Did you mean both 1 and 2 are needed?
No either one. You have two options choose one.

Also since you already have a 1920x1080 screen you said the EDID override does not work correct? Does it black screen when using it?

Also what ig-platform-id and darkwake?

Hi @ChicCheung,
We have the same model of laptop! My Lenovo G50-80 USB (both 2.0 & 3.0 port) works well even after waking from sleep, but only the internal display doesn't work (I can still adjust the brightness, but only got brighter/darker black on the screen). So I don't think there is a problem with the USB.
Could you please try my EFI folder and report here? Here is the link https://github.com/upupming/Lenovo-G50-80-Clover
Hi JackLeeu,
I have a try with your EFI, dose not work for me. (even worse)

No either one. You have two options choose one.

Also since you already have a 1920x1080 screen you said the EDID override does not work correct? Does it black screen when using it?

Also what ig-platform-id and darkwake?
I have tried several EDID values, sometimes not fix the problem, sometimes got black screen after boot finished, also tried one-key-hidpi but not fix the problem.

As for darkwake and ig-platform-id , they don't fix the sleep problem, too. See #33 and #34

Surely to solve you must have the edid... can you tell me where exactly is stuck with edid?
I don't know if I patched it correctly because the result of ioreg -l | grep "IODisplayEDID" never changed. Could you please explain about how to examine if I have patched EDID correctly.

Also tried to downgrade to macos El capitan, but Apple does not allow that. I got "your system is too new" when trying to download El capitan on Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back