Contribute
Register

Unlock With Apple Watch Not Working In Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to report back the testing result:

The F9K beta BIOS has a bug that prevents it from displaying BIOS screen properly, and black screen is all I got.

Tried F7 BIOS which allowed me to disable serial port. I can confirm that Apple Watch Unlock now works after sleep!!

Finally a solution is found. Thanks to all these who discovered the solution.

Same here, my H170N-WIFI doesn't have a serial port, so nothing to disable :(

My MSI B460M Mortar doesn't have a serial port, so nothing to disable

Just to report back the testing result:

The F9K beta BIOS has a bug that prevents it from displaying BIOS screen properly, and black screen is all I got.

Tried F7 BIOS which allowed me to disable serial port. I can confirm that Apple Watch Unlock now works after sleep!!

Finally a solution is found. Thanks to all these who discovered the solution.

the way around the black screen is to connect the motherboard once to a display without any usb/ cardreader options and enter the bios. Check my response in the thread below.

It seems that the B460 supports serial ports and some MSI 460M mb have them like this one

If Approve with Apple Watch is working but unlock isnt my guess is that MSI is sharing bios code across boards which unfortunately negatively affects you and it is due to serial ports. If the approve with apple watch does not work it might be an appleid issue

It seems that the B460 supports serial ports and some MSI 460M mb have them like this one

If Approve with Apple Watch is working but unlock isnt my guess is that MSI is sharing bios code across boards which unfortunately negatively affects you and it is due to serial ports. If the approve with apple watch does not work it might be an appleid issue
Forgot to say, I am using MAG-B460M-MORTAR without a serial port, so I really don’t know where the problem is, but the Apple Watch’s approval is working

Forgot to say, I am using MAG-B460M-MORTAR without a serial port, so I really don’t know where the problem is, but the Apple Watch’s approval is working

@eXTriC I think is trying to say that while your board does not have a serial port other MSI boards do and your board and those others share the same bios. This is what is causing the problem. It might be possible to make an edit to the bios code that disables the serial port that is not there.

Well this is a curious problem but it is worth noting that although your motherboard has no visible Serial Port the UEFI BIOS does still have a SuperIO sub-section ...

MAG.jpg

(This is from the manual for your motherboard on the MSI web-site) Whether this as any effect on the Apple unlock problem in your case, I don't know, but the ghost of a Serial Port might be the cause. Who knows? Sometimes the hardware we use does have limitations when emulating a real Mac.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back